unable to revert to stable

Reaction score
    I've reverted to the stable build after testing power 2.0, generated a new world for local play, but astronaut get spawned with the power 2.0 inventory, including 'test reactor module' and 'reactor stabilizer test'

where's the list of starting blocks and how do I get back to the original stable version?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    where's the list of starting blocks and how do I get back to the original stable version?
    The list of starting blocks is in the file yourstarmadefolder\GameConfig.xml

From the StarMade Launcher under the Build Type menu lower left corner select a new folder to install StarMade into. Select the Release version and under Build Version select v0.199.654a (latest)

You may have to copy your blueprints around from the blueprint folder in the other installation.

When trying out the Dev or Pre versions it is handy if you install them in another folder. You can have an unlimited number of StarMade installations on your computer. You switch between them with the Launcher. Just beware that every time you switch installation directories you also need to select that versions corresponding version number. Or the launcher will update that installation.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    in general ... you cant downgrade a game installation. That causes problems and isnt supposed to work.

to test the Dev build branch you have to keep a second installation for that branch separate from the Release build installation.

Reaction score
    I'm gonna drop a [citation needed] for that tho, doesn't work doesn't mean it shouldn't work

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i didnt say it shouldnt ... its not designed with backwards compatibility.
    lol ...what ever suits you. just do not complain about anything then ^^
    i am not going to ask schema to make a statement here only because you do not believe me.

Reaction score
    "There will still be issues, and while it should run fine, we strongly advise to backup your universe or try it out on a separate installation." - Schema, StarMade v0.200.250 Prerelease News

There you go, a fairly recent quote from the Cat-God himself, to remind you to save your original install by either backing it up, or using a fresh install directory to run the dev/pre versions.