Unable to load previous save

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have a back up from a huge build I have been working on that since the last few updates won't seem to update properly and load. I have put an extraordinary amount of work into this project and would like to find a way to recover my work. What can I do about this?

Reaction score
    If it uses a pow 1 bloc, even a single old reactor (3D crosses version) then it conflicts with the current version of the game. My advice would be to make a separate install of STARMADE, choose a 1.99 or so version of the game instead of Latest, install it, then copy-paste the backup and try to use it there, in the 1.99 install. I hope this can help.

Edit: After that, you may try to erase all old power and whatever does not fit in pow 2.0 and then work on it from there, in the newest version. Or keep your build and the 1.99 version and delete the incompatible new version... Everyone say 1.99s are more stable than 2.00s and have way less bugs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I can't seem to get a later version of the game to run. What could I be doing wrong?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Does it return any errors/an error log? What happens when you try to run it?

Nothing at all. I run the launcher, I update, and when I hit the launch button, it acts like it will launch but never makes it to the loading screen, it just kind of....time out maybe? Is that the right term?

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Nothing at all. I run the launcher, I update, and when I hit the launch button, it acts like it will launch but never makes it to the loading screen, it just kind of....time out maybe? Is that the right term?
    It depends. Timing out usually only happens with network communication so it's not very likely since you can install the game and update. Try downloading a fresh copy of the launcher and put that somewhere so you have a separate install and see if that works. If that doesn't work try updating Java.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It depends. Timing out usually only happens with network communication so it's not very likely since you can install the game and update. Try downloading a fresh copy of the launcher and put that somewhere so you have a separate install and see if that works. If that doesn't work try updating Java.

It still runs the new version though. I will download a fresh copy and reupdate Java, but it seems weird that it would play the new version but not the old.

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    It still runs the new version though. I will download a fresh copy and reupdate Java, but it seems weird that it would play the new version but not the old.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. You can select a different version using the drop down menus around the bottom left of the launcher window. Are you using the Release branch?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    do not downgrade an existing install. Starmade isnt intended to be backwards compartible.
    using the latest release build in new install path is startting the game ? if not supply the created logfiles from the /logs folder of that install please.
    if it isnt starting your local game world but it is working with a new world or online server, then your universe save got corrupted somehow.
    (again logfiles would be needed to guess what is going wrong there)
    if the launcher isnt starting the game at all ... try using the launcher with the --verbose command line option to create a more explicite launcher logfile.

Reactions: Skwidz