Turret's Bobby AI Module Acting Strangely

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am having strange issues with the AI module on my basic anti-missile cannon turret. I was finally able to get my turret to work and the Bobby AI checkbox would show as activated. Awesome! I then added some hull blocks and removed some to make things prettier, and because I entered the core to verify the turret could still adequately rotate which it did. I went to reactivate the AI module, and now it won't check off as active in the little selection box.

None of the core modules got touched. The weapon systems, AI module, and ship core were all untouched, and besides the point the AI module is adjacent to both the core and cannon computer just like it always was. It will check off for a fraction of a second before unchecking, and I am pulling out my hair trying to understand why. Is this some kind of glitch or is there something really simple that I am missing?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You have to leave the turret's core and access Bobby in astronaut mode or via the host entity's structure tab under "rail system collective"

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You have to leave the turret's core and access Bobby in astronaut mode or via the host entity's structure tab under "rail system collective"
    Exactly this. Bobby AI isn't allowed to be on when someone is in the core of the same ship. You can use a build block, a weapons computer, or pressing r as an astronaut to turn it on, but if you're in the core of the turret it will not work.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Exactly this. Bobby AI isn't allowed to be on when someone is in the core of the same ship. You can use a build block, a weapons computer, or pressing r as an astronaut to turn it on, but if you're in the core of the turret it will not work.
    I know, this is what I have been doing. I activate the AI module and it takes me to the turret, but it no longer allows me to use the checkbox to activate the turret itself. It worked once before and would show the X in the checkbox.