Turrets 100% accuracy

Reaction score
    Turrets are shooting with 100% accuracy. They track targets so well that once shields are gone, they draw a straight line to the core. Not sure if this is intentional.

Reaction score
    It\'s been my experience that they miss a lot... so I make up for it with a surplus of turrets

Reaction score
    Try the turrets with this latest update. My point is after this patch, you can move around and they never miss.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, as of this latest update, the turrets on my station have been leaving dead pirate ships everywhere with nice surgical holes in them. A few quick pew pews, then silence.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    TBH that\'s closer to how turrets should fire. While they shouldn\'t be nearly as accurate as they are right now they shouldn\'t be as innacurate as they were before.

Reaction score
    Not only do turrets fire with pinpoint accuracy, but so do NPCs. Pirates have actually been doing damage to my ships o_O

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think its to do with the weapon synch between sectors. having random projectile spread and also allowing shooting to synch properly across sectors must be annoying.

when our sector to sector projectiles got fixed it removed the bullet spread from guns so as to not have them de-synch, not sure if thats the method I would use to fix it though.

methinks we will have some patches to fix that in later.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Before the turrets would just wobble back and forth and spray, now they just focus fire and shred your ass. It\'s a nice change. However they should probably wobble a tiny bit more so they don\'t become core drills, as mentioned earlier.

Reaction score
    I think it\'s fair that turrets shoot better than any (normal) human pilot. They are being controled by an AI, and computers are generaly much better than humans at tasks such as this.

Ayatollah_RockNRoller

Meat Popsicle
    Reaction score
    AI qwould not be able to predict a human pilots movements as well as they do in the current patch. The fact they drill precision holes inot your core says to me they are bugged, and need to be downgraded to keep the game from becoming Turret Wars 2013

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    An AI would not be able to predict a human\'s movements, but it would be able to compensate for them faster than the human could react. There are computers currently in existence that can track a mosquito in flight and fry them with a laser beam (awesomeness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_laser & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYXPqrXZ1eU ). That is seriously precise adaptation and that\'s with a lower level of tech than is present in Starmade. A realism argument is not really a good basis for removing this behavior.

The better argument would be one of game balance. Pirates are now no threat to my station. They, as well as other players, should have a way to circumvent the superior targeting capabilities of AI.

If jammers made turrets incapable of seeing you, that would work. Or if turrets targeted the entire mass of the ship, or a specific block type (power maybe?) rather than just straight on to the core. Heck, both of these would add a whole dimension to anti-turret combat.

Reaction score
    This is an interesting switch, the AI has become much harder to fight since they are all marksman with their cannons. This, as almost always, is an improvement over the last system. I have heard that it is easier to make an AI more accurate then inaccurate.

mou

Reaction score
    now turrets and AI are as powerfull as real players, before it was really too easy to take down those and turrets were pretty useless now its cool

mou

Reaction score
    thats wrong, its hard to make a guessing shot for ai (even if enemy ship moves it will target it very well)

before it was just shotting at core and do some random function and if enemy was moving they just miss all their shots

Reaction score
    It\'s realistic if turrets can aim better than the standard human, but then the game becomes trivial. This isn\'t a space sim.

Turrets need a weakness, because if you have a big ship you just cover it all in turrets. Turrets are assuredly too accurate. I don\'t care if you have a planetsized super computer controlling them, that doesn\'t make the game any more fun to play. I\'d rather turrets be brought back to the way they were, as it was a valid weakness.

Turrets should be point defense modules, not the main cannons of a ship. Now if somebody decides to make a ship just to be a gun platform for a bunch of turrets, that\'s fine, and they will do significant damage with many turrets. But currently with the accuracy turrets have, it\'s a nobrainer to make a ship like that because turrets are far more accurate than you could ever be. I don\'t want to be forced to turn my brain off and make turret ships to stay competitive in combat.

Reaction score
    Pretty boring actually.

You just build a lot of turrets and turn your brain off.

EDIT: Better yet, just slap an AI module on your own ship. It will be more accurate than you could ever be anyway, might as well just WATCH our ships fight each other instead of actually participate.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Perhaps if the turrets ability to shoot AMCs out of their cannons sideways and turret tracking speed (rotation) was tweaked a little then 100% accuracy would be more acceptable. If large capital turrets were not as capable at tracking small targets that would make good pilots in fighters more viable... but of course all large turrets are still going to be high damage gatling guns so that doesn\'t help maters.

Shields get nerfed to make smaller ships more competitive, turrets get buffed to blow the hell out of everything when before big ships were the only thing turrets vould hit.

Reaction score
    I don\'t agree. It was fine before, turrets were point defense units on capital ships.

You could have a massive carrier with a good coverage of turrets and it would defend itself well, while a ship designed solely to be a gun platform for turrets would still do some very respectable damage.

But the way it is now, you just put turrets on your ship and turn your brain off.

The way it was before, if you had a large ship and put enough turrets on it, even though individually a turret is inaccurate, you have many turrets, so they already create something like a wall of projectiles. It didn\'t need 100% accuracy to be effective.

There just isn\'t a justified reason for turrets to be as accurate as they are now when you can field them on gun platforms that cover every direction.

I\'m usually the last guy to say this in the games I play, but turrets in this game at this current stage are Overpowered. It makes the game way to boring.

Reaction score
    \"A very old bug that finally got fixed. The bug messed with the direction lasers are shot on clients if fired from another sector. That made it look like players and AI were aiming at completely nothing while they are actually shooting at you. The bullets would still hit on server and players would lose blocks without them seeing getting actually shot.\"

Apparantley they were always overpowered. You guys simply didn\'t notice the damage.

The turrets are core drills as much as players are core drills. If they turrets are killing you, you either need a bigger ship, or for your enemys to build smaller, less deadly turrets.

Not only that rather than beg for a reversion, this should be a new challenge to think around. Staying out of range of the turrets but with guns big enough to out range them, etc.