Turret reset

Reaction score
    Can these commands be implemented via a command block or logic system
    • Turret reset when not being used
    • Triggering an output via a block to reset ALL turret
    I am only asking as I wasn't once yet able to have a fully working turret bay that worked due to the turrets not lining up with the hole so turret will not go back in the hole.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, that would be nice. Has been a problem for many. One reason I've abandoned a ton of recessed turret designs.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i know the feeling. only up side is it makes more room inside the ship
    Which often gets filled up with shield/recharger systems for me.

I modified SkyLordLukes Starmade ship to have retractable cannons, but ran into this very issue and decided to abandon that project until it could be resolved.

You can build compact enough turrets that are more spherical in movement. Then you can pop them up and down without worrying about their orientation. The other thing you can do is flip them into the ship at the base as long as there is enough clearance.
    [doublepost=1507695615,1507695473][/doublepost]Forgot to mention, the retractile turret really needs logic integration for the AI control. So you can deploy then activate the AI. Otherwise the stupid things might start shooting from inside the ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yes please!
    What they need in addition to whats already mentioned:

=>Logic controled state. AI can be turned on/off or reset via logic. Changing targeting state, track current target etc would also be nice.

=>A seperate control pannel/interface for turrets. The game already recognises what is and isnt a turret, I feel that a player should have complete control and beable to change turrets just like how you can change thrust, weapons etc.

=>Following on from that, being able to manualy set up turret behaviour.

A bit of a pipe dream, but a basic scripting styled but easy to use interface such as this:

E.g
    =>You could add an event for the turret to reset if not engaged for (x) ammount of time
    =>Set up different behaviour trees for your turrets (and even AI) to follow), changeable via hotkeys/logic/interface.
    =>Set turret priorities in different bahaviour tabs (e.g mass)
    =>Set turrets to fire under certian conditions, e.g shield bellow <50%, only fire at target further than (x) distance, only fire certian weapons under specific conditions or orders.
    =>Track largest entity within range

And so on.... with a proper bahavioural tree for AI in general, starting with turrets and ships this could vastly improve the game and player experiance.

Also for extra goodies being able to have client side sounds loaded and configured to be played when a turret fires would be dope as shit :D Client side logic control sounds would also vastly improve imersion, and soundpacks could be created. Being clientside, they only impact your experiance unless loaded by otherplayers.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You can reset the turret's orientation and turn it off and on using the entity structure menu.

Reactions: patrk55

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You can reset the turret's orientation and turn it off and on using the entity structure menu.
    but that is literally the worst menu in the entire game, just awful.
    oh and the "undock all" is very easy to accidentally hit

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    what would a hat do if its hat lost its hat?

also we need all kinds of cool turret options make em happen ey

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Turrets normally reset after a time period of inactivity, but they don't reset completely.
    If this was fixed, you don't need to waste time entering the structure menu.

As for incorporating into other functionality, like retractable mechanics, this will require a logic component.

Reactions: patrk55

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    but that is literally the worst menu in the entire game, just awful.
    oh and the "undock all" is very easy to accidentally hit
    There is the 'Are you sure you want to do this' Dialogue that pops up if you want to CONFIRM that action.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is the 'Are you sure you want to do this' Dialogue that pops up if you want to CONFIRM that action.
    The click YES to undock all ships from a home base option. Do not give unknown people access to build blocks. This a major loophole in multi player factions security. Even though the option it self is often very handy. Along with close all doors, etc

I use the option to turn off the turrets AI a lot if I am just flying through space. So they do not aggro a Pirate Station every time I happen to fly by one.

The option to turn it back on after you parked your battlecruiser next to some guy that you added to your factions personal enemy list is pure gold.

You can check if you have been placed on a faction personal enemy list. The faction is red in the factions list while your own faction is still friendly to it. It is a great way to target people without factions that try to do naughty things.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

Convienintly it also hides what you are trying to do......
    Are you sure you want to destroy your server? Would be far nicer than just leaving the player wondering what they are sure about doing and what mysterious button took them here and if it's worth double checking.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score

Convienintly it also hides what you are trying to do......
    Are you sure you want to destroy your server? Would be far nicer than just leaving the player wondering what they are sure about doing and what mysterious button took them here and if it's worth double checking.
    Dude, if you clicked the 'Undock All' button, you'll know what took you there ffs...