Turret AI not working

Reaction score
    Hello, I have a really annoying turret "glitch".

It is similar to Turrets half working but the thread doesn't solve my problems.

So the problem is that the turret don't shoot when pirates are in range and they seem to slowly turn at random directions. I know it can turn properly because when I enter the turret I can move fine, shoot the pirates, etc. I also placed the Bobby AI on the top turret, I set it as my faction, I tried different weapons, I added rail enhancers. Nothing works!

I am also in god mode and creative mode if that affects anything and the turrets are connected to a station.

EDIT: The turrets on my base are cannon and missile. For some reason a damage beam turret on my ship that is docked to the space station can fire. It is smaller than my station turrets. Also for some reason my missile turret is shooting at weird angles into space (like 90 degrees)

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Sounds like broken threads/server lag to me. Try Running 2 copies, one as a standalone server, the other as your client (connect online -> "localhost:4242" in manual entry box). you can run them from the same folder just fine.

Reaction score
    Sounds like broken threads/server lag to me. Try Running 2 copies, one as a standalone server, the other as your client (connect online -> "localhost:4242" in manual entry box). you can run them from the same folder just fine.
    So you want me to host a dedicated server for myself?

IKindaCrashAlot

Part of the Most Nefarious Faction in Starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Same thing happening to me. My turrets were bugging out so I got a friends turret and put it on the same ship. That turret did the thing where it looks the opposite direction and never shoots. Extremely frustrating..