Turning Speed

Do you think this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
    • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Ever since the change in turning mechanics a few months ago, flying a large ship has been painful to say the least. It has also made having lots of powerful turrets all over your ship an absolute necessity. I know the idea of sideways facing engines has been mentioned before but I recently thought of a modification to this that would possibly improve it. In the old weapons menu, you could choose which specific areas to improve on your weapons (Radius, Damage etc...). Why not have this same sort of system for engines? You could choose to sacrifice the speed of your ship in exchange for better turning speed or the other way around.

Just something to think about...

Reaction score
    I agree with you. However it is accomplished it would be nice if players have more control over how thrust is utilized on their builds.

Use both ideas where you have to place blocks directionally to give a % of the overall thrust over the different axis plus the ability to dedicate a % to faster turning. Or like others have discussed add in the gyro block. Would make engine placement and balance much more a consideration and give the ability to create ships that perform differently.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is already planned, at least for directions. It'll mainly be for the 6 main directions (up, down, left, right, forward, back), but the possibility of putting points into turning has also been discussed among the devs.