Traders Home blueprints and misc. NPC stuff

Reaction score
    The trade node Traders Home is a beautiful and functional station. I decided that I wanted to build my own, away in some lonely sector, just for fun, except that I cannot find the blueprints anywhere in the game files. The only place it seems to exist is as an entity, and that isn't a blueprint. Also, after the two big updates lately, I thought I might try my hand at refitting the ships in the Traders fleet with new systems, maybe post them publicly if it I like the results.

Getting the blueprints for the other ships in the Traders is straight forward, but there doesn't seem to be a blueprint for their home station. Is it part of another factions blueprint files? Can someone tell me the name of the blueprint? Or how to convert the entity in the database into a blueprint? Or duplicate it so I can claim it and save my own blueprint? Is that even possible?

On a related note, I have a bunch of general questions about ships, stations, NPCs, and how and why things spawn, and really I would love to simply read all about it if there is some definitive document. As of now, the wiki is still offline, so maybe what I want is there and I just need to wait, but I remember the wiki not really having answers to many of my basic questions.

Anything you could tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    IIRC you can find it on the Traders' faction files in your StarMade folder. It's zipped.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    The trade node Traders Home is a beautiful and functional station. I decided that I wanted to build my own, away in some lonely sector, just for fun, except that I cannot find the blueprints anywhere in the game files. The only place it seems to exist is as an entity, and that isn't a blueprint. Also, after the two big updates lately, I thought I might try my hand at refitting the ships in the Traders fleet with new systems, maybe post them publicly if it I like the results.

Getting the blueprints for the other ships in the Traders is straight forward, but there doesn't seem to be a blueprint for their home station. Is it part of another factions blueprint files? Can someone tell me the name of the blueprint? Or how to convert the entity in the database into a blueprint? Or duplicate it so I can claim it and save my own blueprint? Is that even possible?

On a related note, I have a bunch of general questions about ships, stations, NPCs, and how and why things spawn, and really I would love to simply read all about it if there is some definitive document. As of now, the wiki is still offline, so maybe what I want is there and I just need to wait, but I remember the wiki not really having answers to many of my basic questions.

Anything you could tell me would be greatly appreciated.
    can't you just be an admin, select the nav marker, and use f1+f8 to "get in" and save a blueprint to spawn/edit?

Reaction score
    IIRC you can find it on the Traders' faction files in your StarMade folder. It's zipped.
    That was the first thing that I tried, but I could not find it there. After reading your post, I decided to go try again, this time making a list of the items in that zip file, planning to spawn them one at a time and check them off. Doing this led me to realize that the first time I tried, that apparently not all of the items appeared in the blueprint list. Instead of being in the Blueprints list, they appeared only in the Admin blueprints list.

To answer my own question, the station that I sought is named "Vault Station" and is located here:
    [StarMadePath]\StarMade\data\npcFactions\Trading Guild\blueprints.zip

I was looking for a space station, so originally I was looking here:
    [StarMadePath]\StarMade\data\prefabBlueprints\defaultStations.zip

That directory contains the stations that appear in systems throughout the galaxy, but does not include the unique stations located at faction homes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    can't you just be an admin, select the nav marker, and use f1+f8 to "get in" and save a blueprint to spawn/edit?
    From my experiance admin teleport doesn't work with stations (that I've tried)
    However you should still beable to easily take control of the station and save it as a blueprint I would think.

Prtty sure there's a way to change your faction/entities etc so you can just enter it

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    From my experiance admin teleport doesn't work with stations (that I've tried)
    However you should still beable to easily take control of the station and save it as a blueprint I would think.

Prtty sure there's a way to change your faction/entities etc so you can just enter it
    If not, you can always do it the hard way (or should be able to, anyway). Get inside, find the faction block, and cut it out with a torch. Just make sure you reset the trade guild attitude when you're done, or do it in a separate universe.

Reactions: Dire Venom

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I use to just have a player name in the faction I wanted to save blueprints from. But the easy way is to unzip the folders from the particular faction zip file in ..\StarMade\data\npcFactions.