Torches - Anyone already Suggested?

Reaction score
    I can not find any topic on this, but a suit light or equipable torch could help in dark areas. Please?

Reaction score
    from what i can see your talking about torches as flash lights

if you are brithish i like the idea of torches/flashlights

otherwise if your not british(or not from one of the other areas around britan that use the word torch instead of flashlight) then its not so smart torch when not refering to a flashlight means a stick that is burning on fire to make light and in space that simply wont work

in other words please keep in mind that most of us are not from eny one point in the world and if i was not a big fan of british tv shows alot of us may have just asoomed you ment a flame on a stick wich is rather dun and clildish seeming

tho a flashlight/torch is a good idea over all i know i will like to make dark ships that one way or another can shut off lights (i know a few ways to do so using plex doors) this way my ship that is light from the outside becomes dark all over it inside and out witch if captured instead of destoyed i can make the bording partys have a spooky looking shit thay must bord with nothing but a flashlight/torch

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    To be honest though, sometimes I hear flashlight, I think it referst to a party light, or some other flashing light.

This has been asked before, and yes, I feel it should be added aswell. It makes sense, but some areas need to get darker first, LIKE SPACE

Reaction score
    To me batteries and light bulbs are torches not flash lights... Why? I\'m British and because these objects do not flash as standard.*grins*

J/K

Reaction score
    A Bump on this.

It\'s so dam dark I need a flash light for my space dude and highlights/spot light for my ship!

Reaction score
    Eh, might as well.

Maybe we could make space, like, dark, like space is supposed to be, then add searchlights / headlights / bat-signals?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    To be honest though, sometimes I hear flashlight, I think it referst to a party light, or some other flashing light.

Yes. In school, our teacher told us it a flashlight/torch is called torch.

Although \"american torches\" would be cool too. (would work while inside a ship or planet with oxygen).

Some torches also work in water. Ferum-oxid and Aluminium would burn in space too - with more than 2000 celsius, afaik.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have you noticed lights on ships don\'t light things up on other ships nearby? Oh how I wish the headlights on my ship could be used to shine the backside of whatever I\'m building in front of it.

Not sure how doable this would be without adding yet even more to the lighting system.

P.S. Philosophical question, why do people dislike people reviving old threads? Or at least appear to dislike it by pointing out that a thread is dead, even though it mentions something legitimate and unresolved?

Reaction score
    \"- Use the search function -

The forum has an inbuilt search function, please use it. Putting up new topics on subjects, discussions or other content that already has topic(s) dedicated to it serves no purpose.\"

Dam anti-necro hall monitors working in the wrong building, you guys serves no purpose here. Please read the forum rules
    http://star-made.org/content/starmade-forum-rules

The whole purpose to keeping subjects together is so Schema doesn\'t get A.D.D.

Reaction score
    you just add a client side light source to the front side of your ship or player, Fixed on ship and link to player head eye view. Make it toggle and make it consume power when on.

I also want a large coke and fries with that