Torch Information

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here is some of the information that I have gathered through testing the torch on blocks. These aren't perfectly accurate but they are pretty close:
    Advanced armor: 125 seconds
    Standard Armor: 50 Seconds
    Hull: 38 Seconds
    Plex Door: 50 seconds
    Blast door: 125 seconds
    Effect Modules: 50 Seconds
    Power Modules: 13 Seconds
    Shield capacitor: 38 Seconds
    Cannon: 50 Seconds
    Thruster: 13 Seconds
    Rail Docker: 50 Seconds
    Rail: 50 seconds
    Beacon: 5 Seconds
    Light: 5 seconds
    Glass 38 Seconds
    Medical decoration: 5 seconds
    Display: 13 seconds
    Grill: 5 seconds
    Scaffold: 38 seconds
    Faction module: 125 seconds
    Camera: 50 seconds
    It seems it would be the best idea to torch most decorative blocks because most of them have either 5 or 13 second break time.

Edit: I corrected some of the values.
    As karkinosz said the time to break the block should be their health / 2

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As bad as some of those times sound, still sounds faster to try and go through the doors instead of digging through blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Looking at it, in reality the torch does 2 damage per second ignoring armour / other effects.

Plex door has 100hp ~50 seconds
    faction module 255 hitpoints time ~130 seconds.

Considering your measured times will probably have an uncertainty due to human error makes sense eh?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Looking at it, in reality the torch does 2 damage per second ignoring armour / other effects.

Plex door has 100hp ~50 seconds
    faction module 255 hitpoints time ~130 seconds.

Considering your measured times will probably have an uncertainty due to human error makes sense eh?
    Yeah its a bit hard to time and watch for the block to break then go to your phone and hit the TINY stop button.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435105323,1435104833][/DOUBLEPOST]
    As bad as some of those times sound, still sounds faster to try and go through the doors instead of digging through blocks.
    Right. Or you could mine through their thrusters and hope it gets you somewhere. The best thing is if they had some lights that had space behind them. I might take some investigating before you go and highjack a ship. Unless you brute force it through the doors and such.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Right. Or you could mine through there thrusters and hope it gets you somewhere. The best thing is if they had some lights that had space behind them. I might take some investigating before you go and highjack a ship. Unless you brute force it through the doors and such.
    That logic only applies in the current game, where people are still refitting and updating ships. I imagine there being a layer of hull under everyhing now, plus going from Thruster > Core on most larger ships is a long trip. if the ship is 150m and the core is centered, you're going through probably at least 100 blocks from the back, since your character is 2 blocks tall (ignoring interior, since it can be used defensively it normally should sit around the mid or forward sections). As long as they only use less than 3 blast doors (I only expect many 2 on a ship that size), Pretty sure it's easier to crawl in the side than from the back.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That logic only applies in the current game, where people are still refitting and updating ships. I imagine there being a layer of hull under everyhing now, plus going from Thruster > Core on most larger ships is a long trip. if the ship is 150m and the core is centered, you're going through probably at least 100 blocks from the back, since your character is 2 blocks tall (ignoring interior, since it can be used defensively it normally should sit around the mid or forward sections). As long as they only use less than 3 blast doors (I only expect many 2 on a ship that size), Pretty sure it's easier to crawl in the side than from the back.
    Right. But if the ship had a Role play interior with a engine room it might be worth it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Seems just another reason to include extra layers of armor around your passageways/core and double-thick blast doors.

I had actually thought of using a rotating cylinder around the core. Can the torch be used on blocks if it can't be kept on target for the duration of the burn? If you have to restart cutting through every time you get interrupted, it would become almost impossible to penetrate a rotating cylinder/sphere without standing room available to align yourself to the sphere's exterior.

That, and your core gets a little protection from someone trying to blast you when you get dumped from it, might be enough to get to an escape scooter. Like the sphere itself? Maybe.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Seems just another reason to include extra layers of armor around your passageways/core and double-thick blast doors.

I had actually thought of using a rotating cylinder around the core. Can the torch be used on blocks if it can't be kept on target for the duration of the burn? If you have to restart cutting through every time you get interrupted, it would become almost impossible to penetrate a rotating cylinder/sphere without standing room available to align yourself to the sphere's exterior.

That, and your core gets a little protection from someone trying to blast you when you get dumped from it, might be enough to get to an escape scooter. Like the sphere itself? Maybe.
    It does 1 damage every half second. So you can continue your cutting after stopping.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ah, I see. Well, it would still increase the time necessary to cut through tremendously :P

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Ah, I see. Well, it would still increase the time necessary to cut through tremendously :p
    Remember that people can press Space and align to any ship if they are close enough, so you'd need to get creative with that concept to get the desired effect.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Boarding with more than one person would be pretty fact actually. If you have two people than the times are divided by two, if three people than divided by three, etc... Makes the prospect of multi-player boarding parties pretty scary tbh.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One question:
    Is it possible to board stations?
    If so, I think I have to rework my gates.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    One question:
    Is it possible to board stations?
    If so, I think I have to rework my gates.
    I don't see why not. Not sure how you would take it over other than destroying the faction block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Remember that people can press Space and align to any ship if they are close enough, so you'd need to get creative with that concept to get the desired effect.
    I actually meant that the shield sphere would be kept tight against the room it's situated in, so anyone trying to align to the sphere to make for easier work would get scraped off, and thus couldn't focus on a particular block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually meant that the shield sphere would be kept tight against the room it's situated in, so anyone trying to align to the sphere to make for easier work would get scraped off, and thus couldn't focus on a particular block.
    Depending on how you have it set up, I'd go through the top or bottom then, destroying your rotater. It would still take longer then normal, tho. I may steal this idea. ;)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Boarding with more than one person would be pretty fact actually. If you have two people than the times are divided by two, if three people than divided by three, etc... Makes the prospect of multi-player boarding parties pretty scary tbh.
    nuuuuu why did you have to say that!
    too bad, now people will prepare defence for total parties, there goes the change of a special ops team that sneak attacks you :(
    but you are totaly right though :D
    well, if you already messed it up, why wouldn't i make it worse.
    put an entity on a rail, put an AI on it, aim it at the passege, set it to active and aim for astronauts.
    and the minute somebody walks by it will shoot him to pieces.
    a new type of trap i just made yes. people Always said, just arm your whole ship with damage pulse and use them to whipe your ship clean
    no need for that my friend, the AI will do all the work, as it can go through walls, and AI can aim through walls, you will only need button to activate the defences, dun want yourself to be pulsated

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    nuuuuu why did you have to say that!
    too bad, now people will prepare defence for total parties, there goes the change of a special ops team that sneak attacks you :(
    but you are totaly right though :D
    well, if you already messed it up, why wouldn't i make it worse.
    put an entity on a rail, put an AI on it, aim it at the passege, set it to active and aim for astronauts.
    and the minute somebody walks by it will shoot him to pieces.
    a new type of trap i just made yes. people Always said, just arm your whole ship with damage pulse and use them to whipe your ship clean
    no need for that my friend, the AI will do all the work, as it can go through walls, and AI can aim through walls, you will only need button to activate the defences, dun want yourself to be pulsated
    Turrets can't shoot through walls.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Turrets can't shoot through walls.
    they don't need to i said, pulses go through walls, and AI can aim at a target although there is a wall in between, just place the pulse near the wall and boom, the guy will get pulsated