Time to add custom server controlled features: Sound, Music, Textures and more

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Having fun brainstorming cool stuff.

Servers need to push their textures onto the client so every server can have its own unique look and feel. This should be default with a way to turn it off.

Servers need their own custom sounds effects. We all want to hear the admins voice going "Pew pew pew" whenever you fire your AI cannons.

Music - I don't want someone elses music I want MY music. I want sector music and get this MOTHERSHIP THEMES! Can you imagine rolling up in your enemies sector playing Ride of the Valkeries!? Ok maybe you can't because you're too young, but the point remains. Custom music is good.

Ok that is it for now, feel free to add. Only brainstorming though! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Seriously want this, have it so a server and client can communicate their current texture and sound pack, then give the player an option to use the default, their own pack, or download the server\'s pack

Reaction score
    While this should definitly be included, I think it is still too soon to include this as many other features are more important atm I think

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    Florrible stay on topic this is brainstorming. No \"it is too early\" or \"that is just not possible\"

Also I was thinking of customizable universe backdrops. You could have nebula clouds and other cool things or even constelations that are connected like you see in astrology books. Just another fun idea :)

Reaction score
    (in admins voice)

*a lone cruiser stumbles across an enemy patrol*

Enemy 1: \"sir we have a visual on an unknown hostile\"

Enemy 2: \"alright 1,4 go right and take him from behind, me and 3 will take him from the sides\"

*the patrol activates jammers and sneak upon the cruiser*

*they get closer*

*within 50 block of the engines and sides*

Enemy 2: \"OPEN FIRE\"

*all around the cruiser hears the patrols weapons come to life*

PEW PEW PEW BOOM PEW PEW BSHHHHH PEW PEW

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would like to add a custom sound that plays when my shields go down, like a female computer voice stating

\"Shields are Offline, recharging\" and tells me again when shields are full charged.

make it so many more sound and visual customization options