thrust blast natural autocharge + hotkey

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    give thrust blast a natural auto charge and link thrust blast to a hotkey instead of having to press it in the hotbar.

I see thrust blast something that fast fighters use and having to stop firing and charge PLUS try to maneuver while keeping an eye on the charge meter during a dogfight is super annoying

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have you not heard that it is "accumulated thrust for escaping a gravity lock of 4m"? *joking*

Keyboards usually only recognize 3 keys at once (aside WASD-special rules per vendor), this suggestion must be implemented =)

Reactions: aceface

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    if it worked like jump drives do now on auto+multi charge, i can see the point and get behind it.

giving it a hotkey, no. the controls for this game are already a vast swathe of jibber jabber (especially if you need to rebind them), and I dont see any reason for a singular ship chamber perk to be given the benefit / advantage of a hotkey.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Perhaps instead of just moving the cursor on the hotbar the number buttons could activate the corresponding function as well when pressed?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    giving it a hotkey, no. the controls for this game are already a vast swathe of jibber jabber (especially if you need to rebind them), and I dont see any reason for a singular ship chamber perk to be given the benefit / advantage of a hotkey.
    I don't see any reason to not have it. It is a unique chamber in that is useful in a high intensity situations where a quick tap for a boost would be convinient. Doesn't mean other systems cant have the ability to bind hotkeys - this is just what I feel most needs it right now. Having the option to bind a hotkey doesn't mean you need to use it, the amount of jibber jabber in this game is nothing compared to the keys in elite dangerous / star citizen.
    [doublepost=1546943792,1546943316][/doublepost]
    Perhaps instead of just moving the cursor on the hotbar the number buttons could activate the corresponding function as well when pressed?
    thatd be cool :)
    maybe have a setting that has hotbar slot activated on number press or mouse click

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think spawn station should be a shift+hotkey thing compared to spawn ship.
    One hotkey less.

Then, you have the ship overview and weapon config - on same key like above.

But it's shouldn't be hardbound to shift+, could also be N+ or X+.
    But not using shift, I suggest that these "shifting-key-binds" toggle in a keymap override for some keys until one of these or they themselves are pressed again. Activate on key press, do nothing on key release.
    Display keymap overrides somewhere on screen and the key you pressed with which they are cancelled too (ESC cancels them also).

With that, I finally would have free keys again.

And I could set Faction to F, even though F is ususally something else by adding it to override via Q-key. A key I would use for this purpose.