• Councillor Gold
    I thought you were about to suggest FPP and I was going to lose my mind

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    First Past the Post. Everyone gets 1 vote, and the persons with the highest votes win. Most broken system of all.

So for OP;
    Something like this system? I don't think we could even attempt to use the system; we have no parties, we cant use a system like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    First Past the Post. Everyone gets 1 vote, and the persons with the highest votes win. Most broken system of all.

So for OP;
    Something like this system? I don't think we could even attempt to use the system; we have no parties, we cant use a system like that.
    We could try to make parties. Like, RP, Faction, Builders etc

Reaction score
    We could try to make parties. Like, RP, Faction, Builders etc
    Seriously??? There isn't enough of that sillyness IRL for you? Everyone should stand on their own merit. Bottom line is they are here to help with quality control, not pander to special interest groups like real politicians.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    People who join those parties will elect their own party leaders
    And what election system do you propose for the parties for the election system?

Something like this would be good for advanced faction politics on a server someday, or maybe some union for servers or something, but it would not work in this instance.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Totally agree with OP. It would be easier for voters to vote for parties with clear programm. Do You remember how many peoples voted for YTubers just because they know them? If people will vote for parties they will vote for their beliefs.

Reaction score
    I think that parties is a bad idea, as the Council is not a lobbyst organ, neither an enforcement institution which is supposed to call Schema at 2 a.m. and whisper something like "Seven days left until you boost mining and return to credits for blueprints system, otherway we will come for you.... shhhh...".
    It is all about being a bridge, a commicative support for the Schine team, not about being a USA Congress, which was created to defend certain groups' interests. The difference is quite thin, but it matters a lot.

Reactions: Saxopi

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The results of a party system for the council would be... fun to watch, from afar, but in general it's just a bad idea. No thanks.

Reactions: jorgekorke

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    "Fun to watch, from afar" - Ithirahad

+1. Just like a thermonuclear accident.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think that parties is a bad idea, as the Council is not a lobbyst organ, neither an enforcement institution which is supposed to call Schema at 2 a.m. and whisper something like "Seven days left until you boost mining and return to credits for blueprints system, otherway we will come for you.... shhhh...".
    It is all about being a bridge, a commicative support for the Schine team, not about being a USA Congress, which was created to defend certain groups' interests. The difference is quite thin, but it matters a lot.
    Loobysts in SM? Common.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd rather the current system, so that Person A with a large following can't snag extra seats. The idea of parties is an interesting one, it could work in certain contexts, but like real life, I fear the danger of them.

In real life, an elected member of Party A must always agree with the leader of party A, or else they will not be allowed to run again next time (replaced). While some people may discuss and have conversations within themself about topics, not everyone will. Instead of Group A have 2 seats, it'd be more like Person A having 2 seats, and more say.

We don't need parties in SM. It would just be too silly in the long run.

Reactions: MeRobo
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd rather the current system, so that Person A with a large following can't snag extra seats. The idea of parties is an interesting one, it could work in certain contexts, but like real life, I fear the danger of them.

In real life, an elected member of Party A must always agree with the leader of party A, or else they will not be allowed to run again next time (replaced). While some people may discuss and have conversations within themself about topics, not everyone will. Instead of Group A have 2 seats, it'd be more like Person A having 2 seats, and more say.

We don't need parties in SM. It would just be too silly in the long run.
    You're always free to create own party.