This Is My Hello World - Starmade Edition- SUGGESTION AI interactions ship damage, fleet combat etc.

IS THIS SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE???

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Ok So......... Simplified to barebone :)

GAMEPLAY- seamless transition from micro management screens when leader of a faction, to fast based fight or flight combat as is in the game today.

Different styles of gameplay wants i/e faction management (trade/ economy, PR, and the like) and a higher archy of military levels as wll as civilian sector jobs like a merchant or transporter or a personel transporter or even a shopkeep on a station. (someof these can vaguely be achieved in the current game as it sits without catering the programmingto thesethings.

FACTION SYSTEMS- This is where the reference to mount and blade warband came in for the singleplayer crowd like myself. Alot of the time i dont want to deal with the immature griefers and the people in an rp server that dont follow the rules ad destroy 12 hours of work that ive done in a matter of minutes so i like to play singleplayer. SO

AI FACTIONS i know will be a thing but rather than being just bull headed ai i just request they are a bit more inteligent than an attack everything ai lol so they will weigh the pros and cons of attaining certain areas of the galaxy and actually be adaptive to their surroundings and situations. That was that

FlEET COMBAT- Custom formation system much like the blueprints are now. can be selected and implemented with selected ship types in a drag and drop type menu system for quick on the fly changes.

also a change in the way damage is dealt to ships
    so.... its annoying to repair ships without a shipyard. nuff said. i have a fix idea that rather than each individual block taking damage and being destroyed INDIVIDUALLY? that the blocks behave like that of surface tension on water; so..... say you have a 5x5 set of square hull blocks taking fire from the center. The center block takes the blow( assuming there is no explosion effect computer) and pulls hp and armor points from the surrounding blocks in adjacent to it. Until the entire SECTION of the ship is blown off(at the same time adding a bit of realism to the game) up to a server set amount of surrounding blocks but for the sake of explanation lets say 5 in each direction.so based on the hit blocks location the hp is pooled so the entire section takes damage and eventually all the affected blocks pop off in a section rather than one individual block at a time. MEANING chunks of ships are destroyed rather than searching for individually affected blocks. Thus allowing quick skirts with the enemy not to become a daunting task of hide and seekie block. But rather a quick sys reboot and armor repair then back to the races.

(i did not edit this part because i cant think of any simpler way to explain this idea)

i think that this maybe a smaller camel to swallow. ty for your patience

Also i just dont think this game should be catered for muliplayer alone If that is the direction the game is taking i WILL stat a project to develope an encompasing sp experience in the form of a mod. Anyone who would like to add to that project please let me know. NOT a warhammer line experience but an adaptive sp galaxy that you can be han solo to the bartender in the bar. to Darth vader in the biggest galactic empire built by your own hands to serving the largest empire as a mere mercenary paid 40000 credits per hit completed. etc. a ver open ended experience is what i meant :)

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So, basically you want more roleplay options? I think these things will be added when proper NPC factions are in place. Also, there is an option for breakoff in the config.

Reaction score
    ah thank you Mariux! i did not know that was there :) but yea i know a few of these things are already in development but i included them in the narrative for implementation purposes like the npc factions and fleet control etc. i just hoped that the direction was stated more. " Seamless game play" And basically yes, the RP would be huge in a game like this!! :) MB Warband was the big kicker to kinda refer to the development of npc reaction and development. i/e faction a attacks faction b making a negative relation status to an elevating degree countered by gifts and trade agreements and the like to better balance relations etc.
    also there are a couple of customization features suggested. as in custom formations and squadrons added to fleets and individual attack orders and a command mode button that allows you to switch between a "command mode" for specific ship movement or the pilot interface.
    [doublepost=1469258967,1469258001][/doublepost]
    So, basically you want more roleplay options? I think these things will be added when proper NPC factions are in place. Also, there is an option for breakoff in the config.
    also npc interraction and a local mp3 file that can be executed on certain systems for further customization on how the game communicates with the player..... theres alot there.

Reaction score
    Woah, that's a lot of text(And this coming from me). Any chance you could perhaps please for the love of our sanity edit that to have a little more punctuation and a few less weird capitals/strange run-ons/etc.?

We hope for more controls over our empires (And more interaction with the universe in general) as the NPC updates come out.
    I literally could not read or understand it enough to get anything else out of it.
    Please, add a spoiler or something for the "narrative" portion, as you called it, and add in a more simple list of features.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Great story SpokeN711 ,the game does need some more rp elements and npc interaction for sp to schine(see what I did there:)),but in the year I've been playing sp it's improved leaps and bounds. ps. welcome:D

Reaction score
    Woah, that's a lot of text(And this coming from me). Any chance you could perhaps please for the love of our sanity edit that to have a little more punctuation and a few less weird capitals/strange run-ons/etc.?

We hope for more controls over our empires (And more interaction with the universe in general) as the NPC updates come out.
    I literally could not read or understand it enough to get anything else out of it.
    Please, add a spoiler or something for the "narrative" portion, as you called it, and add in a more simple list of features.
    Haha I will edit this post to summarise all the features I included that are new and add a spoiler sometime today sorry for getting carried away :P

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Such enthusiasm. It's not that these are bad ideas, just that the delivery is a massive wall of text.

Spend some time reading the Dev-Blogs or search the Dock under (RP) Role-Play and you may find a lot of elements in your post are already under development...and some never will be. Schine seems to be focused on providing an open universe/sandbox game that has the tools for server-admins to customize the experience. They are aiming at the widest possible appeal and don't seem interested in featuring a Plot or Narrative. I think this approach is the correct one myself. Having a Plot really narrows the scope and feel of the game to single thing.

Warhammer 40,000 is an example of this approach. You got your Space-Orcs warring with yer righteous Space-Marines. Hope you like that theme...now you are stuck with it. Now imagine you are huge Trekker-fanboy type...'where's is my Federation?' Or, suppose the Dev's thought a 'rebels Vs the Empire' was a cool plot. Now you have a cookie-cutter theme (we have all played before) dominating the narrative. The point is, when to pick one theme you have to stick to it or it will loose narrative cohesion and this makes it awkward to mix in other stylistic or genre elements. I don't think the Devs want narrow the scope of our collective imagination with their predetermined Plot-path.

(I should also say that I really like it when a narrative game works the way you are describing, allowing you to do plot missions or choose your own freelance diversions...I just don't think is right for SM.)

Reaction score
    So I read through it again and caught the bit about DF.

In Dwarf Fortress, it's not fun until you have a !!Fort!! and some !!dwarfs!! and perhaps also some !!goblins!!.
    Really, it's the same here. You aren't having real Fun until your enemy has a !!XxshipxX!! and you have a +Ship+.

(For all of you who don't get it, it's okay. It was inevitable.)

Reaction score
    Please don't get me wrong the narrative was just for fun :P but the whole plot thing was not what I meant. I'm going to edit this tonight when I get home from work in a couple hours take out the narrative and simplify my points. Then it will make more sense. My brain just takes off with ideas that make perfect sense to me sometimes but not to anyone else. Lol check back in a couple hours or so

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yep... I normally try and read suggestions through.... but in this case, no. just no.

Reaction score
    Yep... I normally try and read suggestions through.... but in this case, no. just no.
    understood so i delivered lol
    [doublepost=1469324260,1469323869][/doublepost]
    So I read through it again and caught the bit about DF.

In Dwarf Fortress, it's not fun until you have a !!Fort!! and some !!dwarfs!! and perhaps also some !!goblins!!.
    Really, it's the same here. You aren't having real Fun until your enemy has a !!XxshipxX!! and you have a +Ship+.

(For all of you who don't get it, it's okay. It was inevitable.)
    BTW madman im glad someone appreciates the value of !!XxFunxX!! and realizes how easy it is to settle for just +Fun+ haha cudos bro XD

Reaction score
    Nonono, it's !!+Fun+!!! It's only bad if it's degraded (XxitemxX) and/or not on fire. Everyone can love some fun, so long as it is appropriately soaked in blood, magma, and tears, and properly covered in corpses and ruined !!XxTroll fur socksxX!!.