this game is greenlit right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    then why isn't it on the steam store for purchase? not that concerned as to why it isn't, as the beta is free and all, but I am a bit concerned for the future. my worries aren't for the success of the game. its too good to fail in that department.

schema cares enough about the game to resolve issues with his game, if he didn't he would leave and let it die to the wolves.

I'm not going to rant on about why this game is good. that doesn't need saying. my concerns are for after it does go beyond beta, how will it be distributed? right now this website is available to get it for free, and I'm asking how it will be when it is ready for release. what will we get for buying, will we get anything for having bought it now?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The Game is not Beta, the game is Alpha, and is missing far too many features :u It will be added on steam when Schema feels it is ready for steam.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    tomato tomattoe, whatever you want to call it, I was talking about after it is ready.

the latter questions still apply. what do we get for purchasing now besides lower price? how will release affect those that have bought it?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As far as I can tell, all we get is the lower Price - 3- there is no real way to block off content ingame, so at most maybe we would get a special Forum Badge? The release wont affect those that bought it, but would effect those that didnt :u Eventually you will have to pay to play, where as there -might- be a limited Old version available for Free (like MC did).

and as for what I think was your original Question; I would refer you to the Yogstorm, many of which left after the Weapons rebalancing. The Same would happen if it would be released on Steam I believe :u people would play and storm the servers, and then get pissed cause of a Major change. So although it is Greenlite, I assume Schema is gonna wait till there are no more Large changes planned :u

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    that's quite the reasonable answer, I can agree with that.

on an unrelated matter, this game is still better than some other ones that aren't green lit, but are already buy to play. one I used to play, cited PVP as their eventual excuse to ignore greifing (mind you this game was online only with no single player, so that is unacceptable to allow it to happen), this made several people demand refunds and put him out of business. so things like that i can understand schema is being careful, I can understand why.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    another thing i noticed is how outdated the steam page is, the factories do not even work as the videos on there explain.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    another thing i noticed is how outdated the steam page is, the factories do not even work as the videos on there explain.
    Our web team is currently working on revamping the Steam page.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    We plan the steam release within the next 2 months. As said, I want to have a good version to hit steam
    Can't wait to see the new trailer for the release :3

Well, basically can't wait to see any new update for things connected with Starmade :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    We plan the steam release within the next 2 months. As said, I want to have a good version to hit steam
    Two months? don't you reckon it's a bit early? It's good to be optimistic as long as you don't stumble that is! But who am I to judge? I have no clue what idea you have in your head!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    2 months seems a bit optimistic. is this just a starmade release that happens to be on steam, or with the proper integration with friends being able to join the server you are on? and one thing I think this game really needs before a steam release is replacing the connection manager with a full screen, pretty main menu, and have all those options in a setting button there. I am sure that this will be a welcome addition :)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    and one thing I think this game really needs before a steam release is replacing the connection manager with a full screen, pretty main menu, and have all those options in a setting button there. I am sure that this will be a welcome addition :)
    Ooooooooh Crusade where art thou?

Last edited by a moderator: