TheatsCo- the Clueless Collective

Reaction score
    Greetings!

This is Theats, your resident noob who struggles with learning curves. I've begun some projects on a private server, which I hope to save as blue prints and bring over into multiplayer.

Full disclosure- I am 95% clueless on weapons systems, 100% clueless on AI, 100% clueless on logic. That said, I am dedicated to creating an awesome space station, TheatsCo HQ, which will include:

1) Enough Interior Space for crew, and any RP needs and future crew needs.
    2) Space for Cargo and factories. No idea how to make a factory, or even what they do, but I'll make one.
    3) Awesome Turrets. Haven't made one yet, but I will learn!
    4) Battle drones! Have no idea how to get there, but see 2, and 3.
    5) A Shipyard, which will probably be too small.
    6) A high capacity for docking, etc.
    7)Design flaws and mistakes! That's half the fun, right?

I've already started on it. Basic design was a sphere with a diameter of 100. I decided that was taking too long to create, so I truncated it on the top and bottom, and left and right. I then installed some main windows, a left and right wing, and the start of a command center on top. A picture is worth 1000 words, so I'll figure out how to upload some tonight!

Reactions: DukeofRealms
    Reaction score
    Its very much a work in progress, but this will give you a general idea of whats going on. The hazard tubes have power reactors, capacitors, and shield rechargers.

[DOUBLEPOST=1467324635,1467324448][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not sure what to call these. I'll call them power Pylons. They contain much of the systems. From what people have told me, shields are super important, and if you lose your shields, everything else goes quickly anyway.

I will likely construct a mirror image, or some other variation of these to add more power if need be. The stats are visible, but I have no idea what is considered 'adequate' at all.

This is the 'Hub'. Not really sure what is going inside. Station started out as a sphere, but it was taking FOREVER to build, so I truncated it at the top and sides. I added the two wings later. I added some coloration, and used some tetras and heptas to make it look cooler.

[DOUBLEPOST=1467327421][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are some shots of the interior. Here at TheatsCo, we really have no idea what we make, or what will go where, or even if there is enough space. Feel free to chime in! Up top is the Head Quarters, I think. Its got a lot of space for furniture, or perhaps a stairwell, or elevator (if I can make one) in the middle. I don't think I want doors up top. Any ideas for what would be good up here?

I was thinking turret towers to the left and right of the 'dome'.

We are thinking of mirroring the Pylons of the top on the bottom, but perhaps with corridors for docking vessels on the exterior. We don't really know what size ships are standard, how to use rail enhancers, or anything like that, but we do like making shapes!

You can use the images to see the 'free space' that we crammed with shield generators and capacitors. We are at 1.7 million and 71k per second. Do we need more?

If we mirrored the top and bottom, there will be alot of space for cramming more shields on the bottom, or maybe power gen, or capicity, or both! Maybe it would be a good place for understow storage or factory placement?

Reaction score
    Here's the fun part: You don't need to know anything about what you're building, what size ships are "common", nothing. Build your station to suit your ships, or vice versa. It's completely up to you.

Reaction score
    Is there any way to know what RP elements and crew quarters and things will be necessary? Part of me is wanting to keep spare space for that.

Also, with factories, can they only produce one thing? I think I have space for it. Does it appear that I have enough power gen and shields?

Reaction score
    Factories can only produce one thing at a time, but you can change what they produce at will.

Reaction score
    I have spawned in some turrets, but seem to be running into difficulty. They wont dock when I shoot the base appropriately.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Are trying to dock with the core or the actual rail docker?

Reaction score
    I was trying to dock with a railer, but I figured out that it was an issue with me not activating the faction permision module :)