The ten thousand sons

Reaction score

“and in the holy war that followed he created ten thousand sons, to triumph where his servants had failed”

-Shard 3, passage 153

We are the ten thousand sons, brothers all. And like brothers we stand, shoulder to shoulder, with the light of Vaul shining down on us. As we march onto the horde. Created by Vaul, god of light, we are as ten thousand swords in his hands. Forged to combat the tide of infidels that plague his domain.

“The ships of white bearing the red mark of Vaul travel the abyss, and underneath the gaze of the stars, they fight the horde”

-Shard 23, passage 57

When Vaul made his sons he saw fit to split them, so each could act better as one. He split his sons into three sects, and to each he gave a mission:

The sword of light:

This sect is that of the warrior, charged with the purging of the sinful and unholy, to these sons Vaul gave them his fleet, so that these sons would have an advantage over their foe in battle.

Rankings:

Brother

Paladin

Templar

Holy knight

The hammer of artisan

This sect is that of the labourer, to these sons Vaul gave them his hands, so that they could create that which would help their brothers of the sword in battle.

*Important note: to create a ship it must first be approved by me. This is simply because I don’t want 10000 of the same class of ships. But don’t worry, there will be lots to do, since sectors will need to be fortified once the sword has taken them*

The book of the priest

To this sect Vaul said: “spread my light, for this task I give you my words, so you may talk as I do and persuade the unfaithful to come to the light.”

These missionaries are also in charge of the inter faction relations, as the other two sects are not used to dealing with the unfaithful.

Together, sword, hammer and book, they make the 10 thousand sons of Vaul, forged in the heat of the stars and tempered in the cold of space.

Coming to the light

You do not necessarily have to join this faction to follow the path of Vaul, any individual or faction may pledge to follow the path of Vaul. Pledging is simple, just fill out the application and attend an initiation ceremony on our server (illusive).

Application to pledge:

I/we _______ hereby swear to follow Vaul, the god of light. To honour him, and worship him. To never hesitate on the path, and never worship fake idols. I promise to aid his sons in their holy war against the unfaithful, and spread the word of Vaul.

It is important to not that this is not an allegiance; “to aid his sons” will be explained in more detail in the next section.

Holy war

The sons of Vaul are many, and their cause is just and true, but there are times when the foe can be too great, and the brothers must call on the followers of Vaul for aid. If such a case arises, then all who swore allegiance must flock to the banner of the sun.

*Please note: these wars are unlikely to be much on the faction scene, they are very likely to be a pvp event for the fun*.

The fleet

The sons are too little of a presence right now to risk unveiling the secret works of Vaul, but the day shall come when there will be a fleet show case!

All ships must be white and red, with grey and black detail. And all must bear the red mark of Vaul.

Rules

1. Remain friendly and open to all (except the infidels ofc)
    2. Follow orders, show decent respect
    3. Work hard
    4. Show innovation and initiative, don’t just wait for orders.
    5. Stay loyal to Vaul, for although the temptations of the heratics can be strong, you must resist.

Application form

Ign:

Desired sect:

Reasons for joining:

About me:

Do I agree to the terms and conditions (non disclosure):

I pledge myself to the light of vaul, to treat every son as a brother and to strive to succeed

Aditional information

Server: illusive (142.54.180.210:4242)

We do have an enjin site, however when Vaul created his sons he did not grant them the power of website making/editing, so I will pm the link to you when you sign up, as we need to get permissions sorted. Please check the site regularly.

Side notes

It’s coming... I can tell, somebody is going to say, “Wow Vaul was a very busy man wink wink” very original.

I am an atheist, I just thought this community didn’t have any religious nut jobs yet, so I though I might make a faction like that. I do not intent to start a flame war about religion