The Lightning Sphere; Pvp Combat Arena LiveStream (Successor to the Thunder Dome)

Would you be interested in fighting in a gladitorial arena where shields are banned?

• No, everything about what you're saying is bad and I hope you choke on oxygen.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    TL;DR
    I STREAM STUFF WHERE PEOPLE FIGHT EACHOTHER HERE www.twitch.tv/muzzledelk
    I NEED MORE FIGHTERS, ANY SKILL LEVEL IS TOTALLY FINE, ALL RESOURCES ARE PROVIDED FOR SO YOU DON'T NEED TO GO WASTE TIME DOING OTHER THINGS, HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE KTHXBYE

Hello! Its been a while since I've posted anything on the Starmade forums. Long before the move to the new site, at least.

I run the Lightning Sphere, a Pvp gladitorial arena wherein two (up to eight) fighters build their combative ships in three minutes or less and kill eachother!

Here it is, in all it's glory. The arena itself has a radius of 150m, and is 300m in diameter.

The Control/Commentator's booth. The logic system made this quite a bit easier, since we used to use door 'wiring' to make everything function.

Here's a build box, where the fighters build their ships for 180 seconds, or 3 minutes.

It's 10x10x10, which allows for a fighter to build a ship up to 9x9x9. You're allowed to use everything but disintegrators and shields, both of which ruin the fights. Everything you need to fight is provided for you, or you can buy it from the store with your starting funds (99999999).

Here's how you start building, with just a core. Once you're ready to start, type 'ready' into the chat, and the timer will start when all fighters have called ready.

Here's an example of me building something quick and sloppy.

Testing the missile system against the wall. (Missiles are actually viable in the sphere! Mostly because shields are banned.)

The Starmade community has been slowly losing members for quite some time for various reasons. Time, experience, new features, broken features, non-desirable features, dissolution, whatever. It has hit every sector of the Starmade community, and now I'm struggling for fighters when I used to have dozens.

We stream every weekend at UTC-6 4:00pm at www.twitch.tv/muzzledelk , hope to see you there!

Have questions? Comments? Concerns? Want to shout at me at the top of your lungs because you hate the idea of people building ships for the purpose of fighting instead of the joy of just building?

Feel free to do any of the above. Heck, just hang out with us and watch the fights. We even play some pretty snazzy music.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/the-lightning-sphere-edited-stream-youtube-series.1786/

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The thunder dome was great, but I feel like an issue with these games is that everyone just builds a big cube. I guess a smaller ship gives you a better chance to dodge missiles and cannonfire, though.

Are swarm missiles allowed? Because they'd be pretty OP in this.

Also, is it illegal to have a turret?

Reaction score
    Which server?
    It's a private server I run on my own machine, which is pretty ridiculously beefy. (Easily powerful enough to run two clients, a server and stream in 720p at the same time with lots to spare.) This is mostly because I got tired of dealing with flaky servers.

The thunder dome was great, but I feel like an issue with these games is that everyone just builds a big cube. I guess a smaller ship gives you a better chance to dodge missiles and cannonfire, though.

Are swarm missiles allowed? Because they'd be pretty OP in this.

Also, is it illegal to have a turret?
    We haven't have enough fights in the new update to really decide either way for the swarm missiles, but we're pretty close to banning them. (I can make a build with thirteen freaking groupings(!)) If you know of any method to nerf them in the config, I'm all ears. Turrets are allowed, but its usually recommended not to use them because of how buggy they tend to be. They've also been nerfed in recent updates.

Reaction score
    What is the server speed limit and are there any other modifications to the standard config?
    Trying to show up to the next one :)