The G0dz Torpedo Shipyard

What type of torpedoes would you like to see next?

• a torpedo aimed for the bridge that can kill a bridge crew

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    Here at The G0dz Torpedo Shipyard, we promise quality torpedoes for the best prices. Our quality is unmatched anywhere. We currently have 4 Torpedoes. In ascending order by size:

The Mk7 is mostly known as a "door opener." a quick torpedo fired off at the door of a large ship, creating a small hole so boarding parties can enter. It is our cheapest torpedo, and a small ship can carry many onboard.

Download URL: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Mk7+Needle.zip
    The Mk13 has a very similar role to the Mk7, except it makes said hole bigger, allowing larger boarding parties to enter.

Download URL: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Mk13+Bee.zip
    The Mk44 is the product of a long development period and extensive testing. (Name thanks to WarSong (the guy)) It's the most common torpedo, and is aboard the Skeleton located in this contest: Hull Building Contest!

Download URL: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Mk44+WarSong.zip
    If you see a ship equipped with a Mk137, and she shows up in red, you better run. After putting the most time i have ever put into something into this torpedo, it came out the deadliest that probably exists. Its 3 diameters of warheads each have a role. The narrow front end penetrates the hull, which is helped by the high speed it travels at. The wide mid-section make the crater wide, allowing the rear to absolutely demolish systems and interiors.

Download URL: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Mk137+Stinger.zip

A note about our torpedoes:
    Our torpedoes are made with the best quality products. Our warheads are custom-made and deliver the best explosions. Each torpedo is homing, but only homes in on red targets. Each torpedo is powered by a NOT/DELAY logic system hooked up to a large push effect system, allowing the torpedo to be unmanned. Our reactors are our own, premium MaxPower reactors, ensuring the best power regeneration available.
    Thanks for considering our torpedoes,
    FireG0dz

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, only if you are using cloaked torpedoes can you hope to survive turret fire to get close enough.

Or armored torpedoes with blast doors that open with an area trigger just before impact

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Making the 'best' torpedoes since 2016? o_O

I think you and I need to have a little chat...

100x test 2.gif
    Torpedo 16x.jpg Torpedo Magazine3.jpg SB-39E 1.jpg Scatter Pack 4.jpg Multi-missile X9.jpg Little Stealth Bomber.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    there's a little difference between the best torpedo, and the best torpedo launcher. you just built 100 of the smallest torpedo possible, and made a launcher for them. I spent hours upon hours upon hours perfecting my Mk137 to make it the most destructive. The Mk137 carriers ~150 warheads, and they all detonate. Not only would your torpedoes cause major server lag if they hit, but all they would do is scratch the surface.
    Take a look at the damage done by ONE Mk137:

If two to three landed on this ship... bye bye ship, not to mention that the shields are almost wiped out. I'd like to see the damage your unmanned torpedoes do.

NOW - Maybe instead of fighting about it, we can work together to combine best torpedoes with the best torpedo launchers. Just an idea.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    what do you mean? a few Mk137's can take down a good sized ship, with no other help
    Sorry to disappoint you but Warheads doesn't gain damage the more you add them ! It's a base 2000 damage, adding more will only increase the radius.

Here's the proof, i tested your torpedoes on different materials :

From left to right : Advanced armor, Standart armor, basic hull, power gen ( or any component with same stats )
    As you can see it's barely doing damage to armor ( it's not even piercing through one layer of advanced ) , and although it's doing very decent damage on basic hull and basic components, you'll rarely see a good ship made full of basic hull !

I'm not saying it's trash, but it's definitely not very cost and effort efficient imo ! The only advantages they got is that they ignore shields and that they're more fun than just launching missiles :D

Reaction score
    Sorry to disappoint you but Warheads doesn't gain damage the more you add them ! It's a base 2000 damage, adding more will only increase the radius.

From left to right : Advanced armor, Standart armor, basic hull, power gen ( or any component with same stats )
    As you can see it's barely doing damage to armor ( it's not even piercing through one layer of advanced ) , and although it's doing very decent damage on basic hull and basic components, you'll rarely see a good ship made full of basic hull !

I'm not saying it's trash, but it's definitely not very cost and effort efficient imo ! The only advantages they got is that they ignore shields and that they're more fun than just launching missiles :D
    tell me, how far away did you launch them from? the Mk137 needs 700-1000 meters to accelerate to max speed. Redo the tests from ~1km away

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    there's a little difference between the best torpedo, and the best torpedo launcher. you just built 100 of the smallest torpedo possible, and made a simple launcher for them. I spent hours upon hours upon hours perfecting my Mk137 to make it the most destructive. The Mk137 carriers ~150 warheads, and they all detonate. Not only would your torpedoes cause major server lag if they hit, but all they would do is scratch the surface.
    Take a look at the damage done by ONE Mk137:

If two to three landed on this ship... bye bye ship, not to mention that the shields are almost wiped out. I'd like to see the damage your torpedoes do
    Actually no.

1) That MK137 is not 'better', it's just bigger. You and I are using the same method, just on a different scale. I too experimented with larger torpedoes once. I lost interest when I realized I was essentially ramming a ship with another ship and that torpedo damage does not scale well when adding more warheads. As Kaisaurus said; it's not a cost effective solution.

2) If you think my launchers are 'simple', think again. With the exception of the fighters, everything I create is select-fire, with safeties, anti-jam functions and burst modes.

And for the record; my torpedoes don't cause lag when they hit. They lag when they exist!!! Muahahaha!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466941478,1466941320][/DOUBLEPOST]
    tell me, how far away did you launch them from? the Mk137 needs 700-1000 meters to accelerate to max speed. Redo the tests from ~1km away
    Oh, now I get it. You're using the speed clipping exploit... That will only work until Shine fixes that particular bug. Then you will cause no more damage than my torpeoes.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Actually no.

1) That MK137 is not 'better', it's just bigger. Y and I are using the same method, just on a different scale. I too experimented with larger torpedoes once. I lost interest when I realized I was essentially ramming a ship with another ship and that torpedo damage does not scale well when adding more warheads. As Kaisaurus said; it's not a cost effective solution.

2) If you think my launchers are 'simple', think again. With the exception of the fighters, everything I create is select-fire, with safeties, anti-jam functions and burst modes.

And for the record, My torpedoes don't cause lag when they hit. They lag when they exist!!! Muahahaha!
    First of all, you literally just dissed your own torpedoes. Secondly, Kaisaurus launched them improperly. Thirdly, i still haven't seen the damage done by your torpedoes. Fourthly, It is better, because it does much more damage. Again, instead of fighting about it, why don't we work together.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466942231,1466941624][/DOUBLEPOST]

Imagine a Titan with virtually impenetrable shields. Now, how does one take said ship down? In come 5 Mk137 torpedo carriers, each launching their ordinance at the underbelly of the ship. It is made of hull, because it needs to move around quick-ish. The torpedoes demolish the hull and wipe out much of the shield systems. Now its all clear for those ion beams and standard missiles to come into use, which destroys the ship.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    First of all, you literally just dissed your own torpedoes. Secondly, Kaisaurus launched them improperly. Thirdly, i still haven't seen the damage done by your torpedoes. Fourthly, It is better, because it does much more damage. Again, instead of fighting about it, why don't we work together.
    Nah, not really.
    1) I'm not dissing. I quite proud of what I've created. Everyone who's seen it agrees that the game simply isn't ready for something that complex. So the only thing I can do is laugh about it. Have a sense of humor. ;)

2) The 'correct' method you refer to relies on part of the torpedo clipping through the armor and exploding inside the ship, dealing 100% damage instead of having to pierce both the armor and systems. In other words; EXPLOIT.

3) See above, without the aforementioned exploit, you'll do no more damage that a lower powered torpedo. Also, If I wanted to challenge you to a damage contest, I would have built a 210m x 110m x 110m 100-round select-fire launcher instead of a 21m x 11m 11m 100-round select-fire launcher.

4) We aren't fighting. This is quite the amusing exchange. Hopefully I haven't offended you. In what way would you want to work together?

Imagine a Titan with virtually impenetrable shields. Now, how does one take said ship down? In come 5 Mk137 torpedo carriers, each launching their ordinance at the underbelly of the ship. It is made of hull, because it needs to move around quick-ish. The torpedoes demolish the hull and wipe out much of the shield systems. Now its all clear for those ion beams and standard missiles to come into use, which destroys the ship.
    That is the whole point of my launchers; anti-capital warfare. Since the game is not yet complete, I'm not going to invest the resources in multi-player on one-time-use kamikaze drones. When they rebalance warheads, things will get more realistic. My weapons will become bunker busters and yours will become nukes. Fun times are coming...

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    wouldn't the best torpedos just be 1 warhead, ship core, 1 regen module and a docker, fired from some sort of launcher in a massive swarm?

Reaction score
    Nah, not really.
    1) I'm not dissing. I quite proud of what I've created. Everyone who's seen it agrees that the game simply isn't ready for something that complex. So the only thing I can do is laugh about it. Have a sense of humor. ;)

2) The 'correct' method you refer to relies on part of the torpedo clipping through the armor and exploding inside the ship, dealing 100% damage instead of having to pierce both the armor and systems. In other words; EXPLOIT.

3) See above, without the aforementioned exploit, you'll do no more damage that a lower powered torpedo. Also, If I wanted to challenge you to a damage contest, I would have built a 210m x 110m x 110m 100-round select-fire launcher instead of a 21m x 11m 11m 100-round select-fire launcher.

4) We aren't fighting. This is quite the amusing exchange. Hopefully I haven't offended you. In what way would you want to work together?

That is the whole point of my launchers; anti-capital warfare. Since the game is not yet complete, I'm not going to invest the resources in multi-player on one-time-use kamikaze drones. When they rebalance warheads, things will get more realistic. My weapons will become bunker busters and yours will become nukes. Fun times are coming...
    No, you haven't offended my, don't worry :D I'm glad you to see sometime soon you will recognize my torpedoes as nukes, for some reason that made me happy inside. By working together, i mean if you could build a 4 round select fire launcher for the Mk137, do you know hoe destructive that would be? not only that, but i suck at making hulls. (part of the reason I'm a torpedo builder) I wouldn't be able to help you anytime soon though, because I'm leaving for vacation today and won't be back for 2 weeks. Idk if you want to make the launcher, or if you want to focus on anything else. Whatever you choose is fine by me.

Reaction score
    Well yeah it did a bit more damage but still barely piercing through 2 layers of advanced, adding to that i play at twice the normal speed limit and was at like 450 m/s

Still very cost inneficient

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Nah, that's just a fancy launch system.

When they buff warhead damage, I'm going to make a launcher that fires these guided MIRV weapons. Right now, it's hard to justify the required resources on something that will be destroyed.
    Scatter Pack 4.jpg

Reactions: Zyrr
    Reaction score
    wouldn't the best torpedos just be 1 warhead, ship core, 1 regen module and a docker, fired from some sort of launcher in a massive swarm?
    Thats kind of what Dr. Whammy has built, but my torpedoes focus on doing massive damage on a smaller area.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466943191,1466943112][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well yeah it did a bit more damage but still barely piercing through 2 layers of advanced, adding to that i play at twice the normal speed limit and was at like 450 m/s

Still very cost inneficient
    1) how far did you launch it from, because i set the server speed to 300 on my SP world and it only accelerates to 200 m/s at 1000m 2) how often does a ship have more than one layer of advanced armor?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466943333][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nah, that's just a fancy launch system.

When they buff warhead damage, I'm going to make a launcher that fires these guided MIRV weapons. Right now, it's hard to justify the required resources on something that will be destroyed.
    View attachment 28130
    I'm confused, are you going to build the 4 round rotating launcher? (something that looks like a revolver) or no. I think that that missile is cool, but it looks to me as if it needs to be manned. The four-round launcher would be like a revolver, and would extend off the belly of a cruiser or destroyer. Also, those torpedoes don't look guided.

Reaction score
    Actually a don't even know how the hell did I reach 450 m/s since my server speed limit is 150 :D

And building a big combat ship with less than 2 layers of armor is pretty meh imo.

Not to mention that the accuraccy at such a speed is pretty trash, unless the target is immobile or very huge ( maybe it could serve as interplanetary missile tho :D:D )

Reaction score
    Actually a don't even know how the hell did I reach 450 m/s since my server speed limit is 150 :D

And building a big combat ship with less than 2 layers of armor is pretty meh imo.

Not to mention that the accuraccy at such a speed is pretty trash, unless the target is immobile or very huge ( maybe it could serve as interplanetary missile tho :D:D )
    This missile is guided. There is a bobby AI and one cannon on board, so it will look at enemies while the push modules drive it forward

Reactions: Kaisaurus

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    There is a lot of fun to be had with warheads and I've been researching them as well as launch methods for them for several years. Unfortunately, they are grossly under-powered. Having to rely on the speed/clipping effect causes a level of unreliability that can cost you a battle. Not to mention; larger weapons are much easier to hit. I'm going to wait on Schine before doing any more damage testing. Until they work on this, all I can do is make more launch options.

This missile is guided. There is a bobby AI and one cannon on board, so it will look at enemies while the push modules drive it forward
    Do you get the "bouncing" or "kissing" effect when they get close to a target?

I'm confused, are you going to build the 4 round rotating launcher? (something that looks like a revolver) or no. I think that that missile is cool, but it looks to me as if it needs to be manned. The four-round launcher would be like a revolver, and would extend off the belly of a cruiser or destroyer. Also, those torpedoes don't look guided.
    My "Scatter-Pack-4" MIRV missile can be launched from a bay or an external pylon. ... And yes; it IS guided. Miniaturizing technology is what I do best in this game.;)

While the revolver method would be cool, a more practical method would be an upscaled version of my 25X and 100X launchers. For the most part, my primary focus has been weapon ammo capacity. In a launcher the size of my 100x, I can fit 18 MIRVs. I also have plans for planetary anti-ship missile silos.