The Face of Mankind OB celebration

Reaction score
    To celebrate the Open Beta for another indie game called Face of Mankind I have chosen to make 8 skin for starmade representing 8 of the Legacy factions from FoM. Each day leading up to the 18th of April, (which is the Open Beta release date for fom), will I release a new skin for a new faction.

EuroCore
    We will start off with a very nice skin of the EuroCore uniform.

starmade-screenshot-0236.png starmade-screenshot-0237.png starmade-screenshot-0238.png starmade-screenshot-0239.png starmade-screenshot-0240.png
    Download

Eurocore is a economic focused faction, focusing on producing. But as with all Big corporations they try to dominate the starmap to expand their economic powers, often leading to big wars with other corporations.

The skin contains an armored aswell as an unarmored version of the uniform, you will also have the option to pick between 2 helmets where one have a solid visor and the other one is a see through visor.

Colonization and Mining Guild

starmade-screenshot-0243.png starmade-screenshot-0244.png starmade-screenshot-0245.png starmade-screenshot-0241.png starmade-screenshot-0242.png
    Download

The CMG is a major Mining Company. An much like EC they try to expand their economic powers through the Universe, and in doing so have caused many wars between these factions.

Freedom Defense Corps

Download

The FDC is the military force protecting the freedom of all dominion civilians. Through the years they have had many battles against Xeno hordes but also against anarchistic clans and even against Corruption the Dominion Police force LED.

Law Enforcement Department

Download

The LED is as the name says; the law enforcement department for the dominion government. It's their job to make sure that the streets are free for drugs aswell as stop aggressive conflicts on Earth. They do also manage the prison colony Demorgans Castle where they send the worst Criminals from all over the universe.

Brotherhood of the Shadows

Download

The BoS is a big criminal organisation. They live by a strict code of honor and with respect of the dominion law. BoS is made of from different criminal families which each rule on their own accord and with their own agenda. But doing war times they will gather their forces and strike as one.

Guardians of Mankind

Download

GoM is a faction who strive to protect all of mankind from evil, may it be from drug dealers and criminals or even from corrupt police. Their usual way to show their agenda is through protest or economical sanctions, but they will not hesitate to use lethal force if the task requires it.

Vortex Inc.

Download

VI is a major Technology company, they are the creators of the Vortex network which have allowed mankind to
    colonize far off-world colonize with this instant travel technology. VI is also the main supplier of the energy weapon DOA-187.

FoM is a very unique game and it goes beyond the normal classification of most MMOs. I like to Think of FoM as a "Free2Play Player Driven MMO-RPG-Shooter". Fom takes place in the milky-way Galaxy where you and your Faction can Conquer every colony, all from the Big cities on earth to the exsotic paradise of Aurelia and all the way out to the hostile alien infected prison colony Necars Field.

Fom have been running for many years and started development in 2004, where after it got a graphical improvement in 2009. This Open Beta is for the recreation of the game called Face of Mankind: Fall of the dominion. The game now have many new features such as; Player made factions, Territory system, deployable services and objects, new combat balance, mechanical and nano augmentations, and many more.

Head over to http://www.faceofmankind.com/placeholder/ to signup
    and checkout more about the game from it's completed kickstarter page at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nexeon/face-of-mankind-fall-of-the-dominion?ref=live
    You can also stop by the official forum to hangout with the players and the developers: http://forums.faceofmankind.com/forum.php

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A nice start, I must say.

I can't really comment on accuraccy, as I haven't seen what you've based it off, but it's pretty apicesome. (Epic and Awesome combined :P)

But because I can't leave without saying something negative: His head is too cube-y.

Reaction score
    A nice start, I must say.

I can't really comment on accuraccy, as I haven't seen what you've based it off, but it's pretty apicesome. (Epic and Awesome combined :p)

But because I can't leave without saying something negative: His head is too cube-y.
    yeah the face doesn't fit well with the blocky nature of starmade, which is a shame.

Reaction score
    Dear god, what did you do to that man's face? Err... pardon me, that was quite rude, haha. :oops:

So uh, ahem, to say that in a way which offers more constructive criticism, the facial proportions are off. The actual face is quite nice (though I'm assuming it's a photo), but look into facial proportions. Contrary to most people's assumptions, eyes are actually in the middle between the bottom of the head and the top of the head. Dave's eyes are actually slightly high, but that works alright with the less realistic aesthetic of Dave. Unfortunately, being that you're trying to get a realistic face on a cube, I'm afraid you're fighting an uphill battle. :( Combining the two in an attractive way will be difficult.

I do love that skin/helmet with the see-through visor, though. Awesome looking helmet.

Reaction score
    The texture quality reminds me of something like Unreal Tournament or Everquest. Very nostalgic looking :) +1

Reaction score
    Dear god, what did you do to that man's face? Err... pardon me, that was quite rude, haha. :oops:

So uh, ahem, to say that in a way which offers more constructive criticism, the facial proportions are off. The actual face is quite nice (though I'm assuming it's a photo), but look into facial proportions. Contrary to most people's assumptions, eyes are actually in the middle between the bottom of the head and the top of the head. Dave's eyes are actually slightly high, but that works alright with the less realistic aesthetic of Dave. Unfortunately, being that you're trying to get a realistic face on a cube, I'm afraid you're fighting an uphill battle. :( Combining the two in an attractive way will be difficult.

I do love that skin/helmet with the see-through visor, though. Awesome looking helmet.
    I agree the helmet is fantastic!

Reaction score
    I might try to remake the face to see if I'll be able to make it "fit" better. It's not a RL picture, it would be funny to see how that would work out though.

also ran out of attachments so the rest of the skins will be shown with a single picture where you there after can go to the content page and see the rest of the pictures aswell as downloading it.

Reaction score
    The LED skin is now up for download.

In the next couple of days we will delve into the clan factions, where the first faction we will visit is the Brotherhood of Shadows.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Unreal Championship? God I love that game. I love the ability to have your character boast and insult the enemy. The AI ones are especially nice. ;)

EDIT Oops forgot to talk about the thread topic. I like everything except for the creepy heads. Also first glance thought you made a skin for Euro-Corp Players :p

Last edited:
    Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i don't really like them (personal opinion) they are like low res

Reaction score
    i don't really like them (personal opinion) they are like low res
    The game does unfortunately not support any higher resolution for player skins. If you try to make it in a higher resolution the skin will literally be absorbed by space. If I could I would have loved to make them in a high resolution.

The griddyness to the skins does however fit with the cyberpunky theme of them game I'm making these skins from.

Reaction score
    The game does unfortunately not support any higher resolution for player skins. If you try to make it in a higher resolution the skin will literally be absorbed by space. If I could I would have loved to make them in a high resolution.

The griddyness to the skins does however fit with the cyberpunky theme of them game I'm making these skins from.
    Hmm, seems odd. I know I designed the model to be able to be reduced to half resolution (carefully putting everything in a 2x2 pixel grid) as well as assumed people could make the skins larger as well. But the way it interfaces with the game is code, not directly under my control. So I'm not sure exactly what the situation is with this. I'll try to keep this in mind and push for an option for high-res skins to Schema sometime in the future, if feasible. Though keep in mind that would likely be for singleplayer, and any multiplayer server would either downscale your skin or reject it altogether. (Unless the server is set to accept high-res skins. Can't really promise any details on any of this, just speculating.)

Oh, and I also thought at first you had made skins for the StarMade faction "Euro Corp", but I guess it's a fairly generic name and it's no surprise similarly named organizations exist in other universes. Still, might be good to make that a tad clearer. :)

Reaction score
    Hmm, seems odd. I know I designed the model to be able to be reduced to half resolution (carefully putting everything in a 2x2 pixel grid) as well as assumed people could make the skins larger as well. But the way it interfaces with the game is code, not directly under my control. So I'm not sure exactly what the situation is with this. I'll try to keep this in mind and push for an option for high-res skins to Schema sometime in the future, if feasible. Though keep in mind that would likely be for singleplayer, and any multiplayer server would either downscale your skin or reject it altogether. (Unless the server is set to accept high-res skins. Can't really promise any details on any of this, just speculating.)

Oh, and I also thought at first you had made skins for the StarMade faction "Euro Corp", but I guess it's a fairly generic name and it's no surprise similarly named organizations exist in other universes. Still, might be good to make that a tad clearer. :)
    yeah most of the faction names from fom is pretty generic, I know that #freedom defence corps" is also a name of a faction in the game Fallen Earth, and there's some other game that use brotherhood of shadows. and the most generic name would be law enforcement department, you don't get much more generic then that lol.

Reaction score
    yeah most of the faction names from fom is pretty generic, I know that #freedom defence corps" is also a name of a faction in the game Fallen Earth, and there's some other game that use brotherhood of shadows. and the most generic name would be law enforcement department, you don't get much more generic then that lol.
    Considering in StarMade the only current "faction" so to speak is the Trading Guild (pirates don't count), and my thought for default StarMade lore (which players can feel free to ignore or overwrite) has the primary government of the rest of the galaxy simply going by "The Galactic Federation", I think it's safe to say unique names aren't exactly top priority. rofl. The way I look at it, why would groups give themselves bizarre and unique names when it makes far more sense just to call yourself what you are? Like the last name "Smith". That was originally because that person, that ancestor, was a smith. Pretty straightforward.

Reactions: banjo
    Reaction score
    I love the skins you make, but I don't like the skins faces they are kinda tacky but over all nice skins

Reactions: banjo
    Reaction score
    Ps maybe put the default skins face on it?
    I don't think that'll look good, It's not really the same art style, but you are ofcourse free to edit the skin your self, the png files are included in the download incase you want to edit the skin or just use parts of it like the helmet or what not.

I do think I will be making a new face, but that'll have to wait for once I'm done with all the skins.