The doctor who cube

Reaction score
    I think it would be cool if there was a cube that made thing have more space on the inside then it has on the outside like in the Tardis in doctor who. And it would be cool if you could use it on space stations as well as ship. Of course The cubes would have to have a massive amount of energy to work but I think it would be cool.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    That would be neat but it would also be one of the hardest things the game devs could possibly try to achieve. I don't know of any games that use non-euclidean geometry which aren't also single player, have simple graphics, and have a predesigned map. It's a fun idea but I can't imagine that it could ever actually work in game.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I imagine this would be super-simple, because the Starmade engine uses different entities with their own grids, in an overall universe. The "tardis-verse" would simply be an oversized entity, where the Tardis blocks would represent the entry/exit point.

However, I don't think this will be accepted as a feature of Starmade. Reasons:
    1. The Schine team has repeated over and over that they don't want different "universes". They want everything accessible in the same universe. This would include Tardis/Bag-of-Holding micro-universes. The only exception is cargo, and currently, the ship's core (see point 4).
    2. Beyond deactivating/prohibiting any system/weapon/power blocks from the Tardis-verse, there is no way to make this adequately balanced in the game, even with massive power requirements. And in terms of system blocks, I can't imagine the playerbase being satisfied with a non-system, all-decoration "Tardis-verse".
    3. When the Tardis blocks are destroyed, how much of the "Tardis-verse" is ejected as a loot cloud? Sure, you can eject a single player from the block, but what if there's a whole bunch of people in the Tardis-verse? Half the community will insist on mutual gibbing of all astronauts if there's more than one, and everyone else will insist on an unworkable multi-astronaut ejection.
    4. In effect, all ships currently have one, and exactly one Tardis-verse: the 1-m^3 core, into which the pilot slips during ship control.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We have this already, it's called storage block. With accompanying cargo blocks for expansion.
    Sadly we can't enter and build inside them, but that would be cool. If you could build nested storage blocks you could create an insane labyrinth or something. ;-)