The Armok - [INTERIOR PICTURES AND RAIL GIF]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Through many days and nights of blurry-eyed block placing, deleting, and then yet again placing, I give you a view at an "unfinished" ship. It will always and forever be unfinished in my eyes, as the universe of Starmade is ever-expanding, just as our own. With constant releases of new content I find myself working slowly but surely to a bigger and better version of this ship.

I realize that some of you have seen this ship before as I have worked on this ship throughout many a server, most recently being the Mushroom Fleet server, the best I have found as of yet. I've been on and off that server for the longest time (more off than on recently...), so I'd like to give them my thanks and accredit them with the birthplace of this piece of architecture. I have met countless amounts of people and even more countless comments on my work, possibly effecting the "end"-product, as my building is very malleable.

I will continue to post the pictures of past progress, and any progress I deem necessary for documentary in the future. I pains me to say that the oldest versions of this ship cannot be obtained by themselves, only can you find unmodified husks of these ships inside of the current version. Due to the style of my building you can differentiate the older and newer material in the ship, as I have developed more efficient or aesthetically pleasing methods. The core has been at the same point on the ship throughout all 350+ versions of the ship, and generally the material gets newer the farther back and out you get, as I have only recently started building in front of the core.
    I have been anxious to release anything on the forums about this project because feel like a big reveal would have been more impressive, but because of the time that has already passed, and that others have had much success keeping the fans updated throughout the building process as an educational source, I have decided it would be in everyone's best interests for me to finally announce this.

Yes, eventually I will be releasing versions of this ship, starting soon with a link to an older version of the ship that, as with all of my releases of this ship, will have no weapons. This ship is purely aesthetic in my mind and you may add on weapons if you wish. Keep in mind also that this older version I will release will not necessarily be balanced in regards to shields and power, as there have been many changes to them in term of balancing since I had built it.

Now, here is the Armok, starting from the oldest versions I have to the most recent.​

Some 50~100 versions later...​

And most recently...​

The grey bit on the back you can see in the first two of the latest are pieces of something I'm working on now. More detail-oriented shots of the expansive interior and close-ups of the exterior will be coming soon, I just wanted to get you guys hyped up. If you took the time to read the wall of text crammed between the eye-candy, then thank you.
    P.S.- Wish I could tab for the indents, this stuff is tricky.

Last edited:

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Very, very impressive, but insufficiently dwarfy, requires more blood, magma, and menacing spikes. Do not forget the spikes.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Very, very impressive, but insufficiently dwarfy, requires more blood, magma, and menacing spikes. Do not forget the spikes.
    Hah, I'd love to but I'd prefer to distance myself from fantasy aspects in this game, even if the name is from a god of Dwarf Fortress.

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Armok is representative of the player according to the toad. My suggestion was in jest of course, but you should make some genuflection in the direction of community recognition if you're going to use the name. I'd probably just hide the dwarf smiley on a floor somewhere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Iv
    Armok is representative of the player according to the toad. My suggestion was in jest of course, but you should make some genuflection in the direction of community recognition if you're going to use the name. I'd probably just hide the dwarf smiley on a floor somewhere.
    I've done such a thing already inside, but as of right now there are no pictures of the interior. ;)

Reactions: Keptick
    D

Deleted member 301635

You forgot the *Adamantine Hull* and Artifact Cat Bone Bracelets.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

Sorry crimson-artist, I had to.

I personally prefer the first vertical version but the build style of the other versions (as well as the first one) is extremely refreshing. I especially like what you did with those armor plates :D

*is inspired*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks guys, it's really a shame you couldn't see the even smaller starting versions really, because at one point it was long and modular, similar to the ship in the Starcraft I cinematic. I still remember the days I would fly around just peeking in on other peoples "big" projects, fantasizing about what my ship could be at one point. If there are any of you out there who are in the same position I was once in you'll definitely like to check out the ship.[DOUBLEPOST=1412448760,1412447824][/DOUBLEPOST]I know I said I wanted to post pictures of the interior, but I think I can trust you guys to take pictures of what you think is impressive enough to be on the thread. I say you guys because as of right now I have put up the earliest version of the ship, as seen in the first two pictures, in the content section. Here's the link: http://starmadedock.net/content/armok-oldest-version.1454/
    I'm not sure how the approval thing works, but if you can't download it until it is approved, don't get upset at me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Recent additions to rear and side armor plating allow for a more stream-lined flow. I need to make the change from large black metal plating to the rear area to be less obtrusive. With the dev build I am in the process of creating sliding areas in the front that will reveal multiple small turrets on either side, but they will just be tractor and salvage beams. The dock on top to go to the larger atrium area will be moved to the bottom side of the ship, allowing long, wide, but flat ships to fit for processing. The fighter chutes were unaffected in the renovation of the front interior. The top-side of the back will be a winding commercial area on-top of the plates, featuring futuristic alleyways and overhead catwalks. Storefronts will open onto narrow walkways and beckon you inside. Right under the cleaner commercial area will me a short crawlspace area where you will need to jump over wires to find yourself underneath the plates and in the maintenance pipes.

Expect great things from the upcoming rail update, and refreshed continuation of this thread as I continue work on the Armok.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430197302,1430196781][/DOUBLEPOST]

Here are a couple for pictures for you to look at.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, overlooking this thread I noticed that I've put up no pictures of the interior, even though I've constantly made sure to work to keep the inside detailed. This is also a good explanation as to why it takes me longer amounts of time to complete certain sections of the ship. Much of it is still a work in progress but essentially every room that WILL exist already does.

Above you will see the somewhat middle of the ship. In a previous version way back this was the front, and now it is the core room.

At one point this large room was planned to be used for auctions, but since then I have worked to close off the top entrance and work on figuring how to lead the bottom front entrance into this room. This specific picture is a little out of date but shows off what I need it to nonetheless.

This is where the turret systems will drop down that I have been working on in the dev build, which I will show with a gif shortly. This area is actually the top of the previous picture and houses certain areas like the fighter tubes and a larger research area.

A view of the fighter launch tubes from the front, as you can see they are slightly diagonal and spread out towards the back. This allows for an easier launch while reducing space consumption. Few other ships other than my fighter have the correct dimensions for these entrances.

However, on the bottom there is a much wider entrance for cargo ships to fly in. The red you see towards the back marks the area where I have already made an entrance to the larger atrium area shown previously. Flanking on the left and right are multiple power and capacitor arrays I set up temporarily a while ago.

On the other side of the ship, the back now, you can see the interior struts and the walkway between the interior tower and the exterior plates. Behind the camera are grow houses that are on either sides of the ship, which some day I will take pictures of.

And finally we have a view from the walkway that I just showed that displays the massiveness of the interior area underneath the tower complex and its surrounding support.

These two pictures above are of the interior of the tower, one above and one below the smaller residential landing area, for limos or busses. We have apartments on either side that have awesome views of the front, back, outside and inside of the ship.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430591918,1430591783][/DOUBLEPOST]

Before I forget, here is a gif showing what I've been working on in the dev build. The plates will actually be covering elevators that pull up onto the exterior, with turrets on each one. I'm thinking some cool salvage turrets are in order.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Update tonight where a friend and I hung out inside a private server and worked on these fancy new rail systems. Still quite a bit of de-sync but we've got a while to go until a stable release is out. Don't be afraid to post in this thread and give me some opinions or ideas regarding my work. As soon as I have a cool turret to work with I'll mount it on and post the next update.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am just excited that you have started up on this again! Such a cool build, cant wait for it to be completed!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    K', those hding turrets?

Yeah, those are boss, I gotta do something like that on my leviathan...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    K', those hding turrets?

Yeah, those are boss, I gotta do something like that on my leviathan...
    I mean, I'm sure you have different ideas for those hiding turrets, because I'm going to use them for salvaging arrays. If you need any tips on what's best for the ship or where it might fit in on your ship the best go ahead and ask, because to be honest it was painful enough on my end trying to work with those angles. I can imagine in certain situations it would be even more difficult.