That was fast: first fruits of the test server (new pre-build)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

thanks to all the testers on the new test server. With their help I managed to fix another bug that would have caused me a lot of stress had I released the build :)

Here is the fixed version: files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131001_223517.zip

(as always user/passwd is "dev")

The test server is available at 144.76.174.130:4242

I hope to release the version soon. There are still a few bugs left I'll have to fix tomorror.

Thank you for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Did you fix the part where ships act like ghosts but are enterable? They can\'t be moved from the core and sometimes they ignore all collisions. May be clientside only though.

Reaction score
    this is awesome. i like the idea of a public test server, and this proves it works! thanks again scema!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The turning still needs to scale better. Large ships no longer turn at all, mine took close to ten minutes to turn 90 degrees. I recommend changing the turning mechanic back to they way it was before, but having it scale more steadily.

Also, thank you for fixing the shield effect, it has been bugged for a long time for some people. :)

Reaction score
    Could you perhaps put definitive messages for disconnects, like the message actually telling you the version you have is wrong. I\'m saying this beause I keep seeing people trying to connect to your test server with public builds, maybe make it easier by adding a second hidden download button on the launcher to download the prebuild instead of regular.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    yeah, I\'m planning to do that but that requires an update of the launcher. I hope to get to that soon

Reaction score
    is this patch coming any time soon? my linux server is crashing constantly

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yesterday I was managing about 60 FPS which is fine by me, but today, a lot of what I was able to do with not much drop in FPS brings it down to 1. is that a problem with the game being an Alpha or does that happen more as you add ships to the catalog?

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The prebuild did more bad than it fixed. For me, the game got basicly unplayable. Ships playing electrons (absolute position unable to determine) warping from one random spot to another after you exit them, sometimes the player becomes immobile after exiting a docked entity, and in some cases, the ship won\'t move a tiny bit even though the speed counter goes up and even exceeds the server speed limit. It\'s so bad I basicly had to give up on playing on my fav server (that had the prebuild installed edspite my warnings) until the swarm of bugs is fixed.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This was all one bug i have fixed in the version you can download here.

Also, why is your fav server using the prebuild? That\'s basically asking for trouble. The reason why prebuild exist is to test them in a safe environment, not to actually use them to play.