Thanks for...

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    shop/trade improvements!

I've been very loudly wailing about how broken trade was for... years, and just thought I should say that the new trade system is great improvement. Not only that, but they set player shops to start with all prices effectively at zero so that people can't empty your savings by flying by and dumping junk on you - which was a major issue, unless you spent 30-45 minutes doing the most hideous data entry on every shop you dropped. Profitable player shop ownership is now accessible and not a nightmare.

Well done & thank you!

Reactions: Sachys

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Ditto. Improvements like these give me renewed faith in the dev-team and the great SM community as well. This forum is a model of civility compared to many forums I have used. I may be deluding myself but I seem to detect that ideas from this forum do indeed trickle up to the ears of the developers. More importantly, inappropriate ideas are rightly ignored or denied.

(Probably why I have no patience for some of the whiny posters who stir up negativity because the game has not kept pace with their narrow-minded demands. :rolleyes: )

When I read game reviews of full release and early access titles I get the impression that many Dev-teams have run out of ideas, money, time or GiveaShit. There are thousands of half baked, broken down or unfinished games some of which were released as if they were finished but clearly were not. I have wasted a lot of money on those disappointments.

I am grateful, as well, that Starmade is still being made...better. Thanks Schine! :schema:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Player Council probably does a great job for Schine as an intermediate filter. And the list of frequently-requested ideas list probably helps a lot as well. Every time someone makes a common request and are reminded in the forum about where it falls on the list, that alone probably saves us half a dozen duplicate suggestions down the line.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    shop/trade improvements!

I've been very loudly wailing about how broken trade was for... years, and just thought I should say that the new trade system is great improvement. Not only that, but they set player shops to start with all prices effectively at zero so that people can't empty your savings by flying by and dumping junk on you - which was a major issue, unless you spent 30-45 minutes doing the most hideous data entry on every shop you dropped. Profitable player shop ownership is now accessible and not a nightmare.

Well done & thank you!
    It was a bitch to test to. Lots of odd little corner cases. I really like it. A great first step into a really alive universe.