Thank you for including us

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Super fast - I wanted to say that I like and appreciate Schine, et al (schema, Lancake, DukeofRealms, Criss, etc) soliciting direct feedback from us forum dwellers.

A lot of members here are committed to seeing the game improved, and the sharing of the recent proposal shows that the development team is not blind to that at all. Hopefully it was useful... I only managed to read about 2/3 of it.

I'm excited to see what comes next, regardless!

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    I second this. It does look like everyone who responded has passion for the game, and I hope that Schine is able to pull good ideas from that thread. It is nice to be asked to participate in improving the game. I appreciated it, as it is something relatively new in game development.

It is also good to know that the proposed power change, whatever it's final form may be, is farther down the road. We'll be getting other, smaller, incremental changes, and as one of the devs said, they hope that the power change would come during the transition from alpha to beta.

So we can keep building. :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So we can keep building. :)
    ...Knowing that all of our builds, and all of the work and time we put into systems, will be for nothing. It seems to me that the new power systems should be added as soon as we/Schine get the details of the new system to a good place.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    ...Knowing that all of our builds, and all of the work and time we put into systems, will be for nothing. It seems to me that the new power systems should be added as soon as we/Schine get the details of the new system to a good place.
    I'm not sure where an overhaul would fit in our 2017 plans, in my own view, I see overhauls being right at the end of alpha, transitioning to beta (so after we've implemented all major features). From my brief discussions with other team members, there is no consensus on when we would begin implementation if approved. That's a large discussion we will have to have.
    If Duke's comments are on point, it may be some time before the power overhaul takes a shape that can even be tested, let alone implemented.

At the very least, we can start changing how we build now, building our ships in such a way as to be easier to modify.

Or to ignore it and just build, and when the overhaul comes, start fresh with new ships.

Not ideal, and not something I am really looking forward to. But if it ends up being a good system, it'll be worth it in the end.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Personally I'm just going to keep building. There are a few challenges within the current system I want to overcome and if I don't, I'll feel like I'm not finishing what I started. Besides, this was just a preliminary proposal anyway. No one, not even Schine, knows what the end result will be. There is no reaaon to let that stop me from having fun in the meantime.

Reaction score
    While I am glad that Schine finally decided to share something, PR-wise this was not planned well. It created a lot of chaos in the community and really showed how much isn't planned in the game as a whole. Looking at that timeline thread it gives the impression that at lot of the coming updates are planned out and will only require development time. The nature of this proposal really reveals how much design still needs to be done, even on systems that have technically passed the design phase.

Really the only upsides I saw to the proposal was that Schine was being more transparent and there are plans to revamp how systems work. I may not fully agree with those plans but at least Schine is aware the shortcomings of the current systems.