Texture Overlay Bug?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This one is weird. I've had a lot of bugs in Starmade, but this one is probably top 5.

I have this word texture pack overlay. The individual blocks or sprites or whatever they are rotate with the camera. Relaunching does not help.

This appeared after I misclicked in the F keys, though I don't know which one or in what combination. I have tried all possible combinations of Ctrl, Shift, and the F keys trying to get rid of this to no avail.

Hopefully I'll wake up in the morning and this will actually all have been some bizarre dream. Will post a bug report if I can figure out what the hell this is or how it got there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's to generate the icons you see on the hotbar. Toggle it with TAB+F9

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Game is still heavily in development, being able to toggle it helps out kupu when it comes to creating the block icons (speaking of, they need to be updated - specifically Mesh)

Reaction score
    Game is still heavily in development, being able to toggle it helps out kupu when it comes to creating the block icons (speaking of, they need to be updated - specifically Mesh)
    Devs need debug tools, and it's nice those tools aren't removed from the releases, at least not for now, because some of them are actually useful beyond debugging.

What we the users need is an up-to-date list of all the debug key combinations and their effects in game.
    Because of accidents like the OP's, and because there are debug functions that could impact game performance or balance, everybody needs to be aware of them, especially but not limited to, server ops and admins.