Tertiary Slots on Computers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Can someone explain how the tertiary slots on computers work? I'm more interested in how you can configure the salvage computer. If someone could also explain how the tertiary slot works with weapons systems as well. Thank You!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The best and most simple explanation IMO is right here:
    A Simple Graph for Weapon Linking

Its a good graph showing most of what you need to know.

As for how to use salvage and a secondary system (you cannot connect effect computers to salvage only secondary weapons) with your salvage arrays:
    How to make efficient salvage beams and lower lag

Those two threads explain things way better then I could which is why I posted them. If you have a more specific question, feel free to ask and maybe I can be of better help.

Reactions: jayman38

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It should also be noted that support tools such as salvagers, astrotechs, and shield/power supply/drain beams only support weapons slaved as secondary systems. They do not support a tertiary effect, such as explosive, ion, punch through, etc.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Tertiary systems work pretty much the same as secondary systems, only they add... well... a third effect.

Tertiary Overdrive increases the damage of the weapon by up to 3x (while increasing power used by up to 6x). Push/Pull/Stop turns the weapon damage into a tractor beam. Explosive increases damage and gives them an area of effect. Etc etc etc.

But as already said, doesn't work with salvage, it can only have secondary effects (and of those, only Salvage/Cannon is really worth the space/power, IMO).

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Shameless plug: Basic Day-1 Tutorial Ship

I know this is not day one for you vets, but still...I made this ship for my server to answer these very questions, just once. Startup a creative world and spawn this antique in there. Main floor in center area has it concisely articulated (I hope). Warning some reading is involved. o_O Fortunately the lack of space for text on the displays forced me to bust out the Strunk & White on that puppy.

Oh, and let me know if this was helpful.:rolleyes: It is out of date but not obsolete.

Last edited:
    Reactions: jayman38