TCDF Fleet page. - CDS Chrysaetos now ready!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is the page for all of the craft used by the Terran Colonial Defense Force. Motto: A shield for worlds. Unoffical motto: The best defense is a destructive offense.

Ships----------------------------------

Merlin-------------------------

This is the prototype Merlin-class assult frigate.

Desgined to act primarly for planetary or station assult, the Merlin is designed around a massive charge laser and two nuclear launch tubes, making it ideal for destroying hardened targets or laying waste to larger ones. However, it is less suited for frontline combat against other ships then its mass would suggest. With limited onboard firepower, it is less capable of wearing down shields. However, with assistance from other vessels, its array of volley rockets can be used against a target with removed shields.

The standard turret loadout for the Merlin include 8 dual-cannon general light turrets, 2 heavy, manually-operated 8-cannon turrets, and 1 long-range laser cannon mounted below the main hull. However, neither the long-range laser cannon nor the Merlin is actually armed at this point, as our engineers are still having minor, non-lethal technical difficulties. In unrelated news, we are currently hiring weapons engineers.

Crew for the Merlin, due to heavy automation, is only 12. Due to limited onboard space, the crew must share quarters. Although one person can operate the ship, it is recommended that 4 are used during combat - one manning the main weapons, one flying the ship, and one in each of the side turrets.

Currently the Merlin isn't complete, as I need the new angled blocks and am waiting on the new weapons update. The ship is mostly empty, and will probably double or triple in mass before I finish.

Stats:

Mass: 2,731.4

L:139 W:99 H:29

Power: 615,002.8 (729,624.8 /sec)

Thrust: 5,320.3

Shields:75,094 (3350 /sec)

EDIT 2/15: This was orignally just for the Merlin, which was erronously classifed as a light cruiser. That's why it's posted in the OP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It\'s a very nice looking ship, bad sadly the stats are lacking a little bit. But that all depends on how you look at mass I guess. None the less, its a very nice ship, keep up the good work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you refering to power? Because that\'s the only stat that I consider \"final\" at this stage. The thrust, shields, and DPS are all going to increase before I\'m I done.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No, the power is very good, I was talking about the shields and what not. If its not done yet, the stats are fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the development of new fabrication techniques, the hull has been completed. In addition, the 8 standard turrets on the Merlin have been scrapped, used as target practice, and left to explode, in light of concerns about their long-term sustainabilty as the main turret in use of the TCDF.

The bridge of the Merlin has been expanded, to accomadate the different consoles that were not in the original spec. Fire control has had sensor linkages installed, but the control systems for weapons aren\'t even developed yet.

Additional docking hardpoints have been added to the missle pod booms and down the length of the drive section, allowing the Merlin to carry 9 small craft, as opposed to the original 1. However, unlike the shuttlebay, they are not protected from incoming fire and must rely on onboard shields.

The Merlin will not be greenlighted for mass production until the new weapons are complete, which could be a while.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really nice design! Hope you put it up for download when ever it is completed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The TCDF needs to move people around. While we do have a small fleet of refurbished Isanths for long distances, many of our vessels do not have the docking space for them. In addition, TCD-HQ is leery on the use of the captured vessels, which could have booby traps, intelligence collectors, or poorly-maintained parts on them. The MkII shuttlepod is the answer to this. Although small and unarmed, it\'s also cheap, holds decent cargo, and requires only a standard docking hardpoint. The storage chests are accessable on the outside, and can hold up to 400kg of various supplies. The hull, while made of standard composite-fibered nickel-chromium plating, has been shaped to give the material the most strength. It can comfortably transport 9 and unconfortably transport 13 inside, not to neglect its ability to handle additional passengers who feel capable of making whatever journy clinging to the outside of the hull in the vacum of space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Now, with my current project taking a while to get even cosmetically done, I\'d thought I\'d give you a sneak peak at some areas I do have finished. So this is a preview of the CDS Chrysaetos, first of its class.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Great looking ships, man! Keep it up!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is the CDS Chryseatos Mutlirole Assult Cruiser. While still being geared primarily towards plantary and station assault with 4 nuclear launch tubes and a massive charge laser, the Chryseatos is also capable of providing ship-to-ship combat, fighter transport, and ground troop staging, far better than a ship designed purely around base assult.

The Chryseatos has a standard complement of 32 drones, each of which is equipped with two small cannons. It also boasts 53 standard turrets, 4 long-range laser turrets, and 7 manual/AI turrets. It is expected to mount 56 internal modular missile cells.

The two hangers are both divided into two sections, a smaller one that can only hold 6 drones or shuttlepods, and a larger section that can hold 5 larger shuttles or fighters each.

While the crew numbers only 50, there is room for up to 96 before someone winds up sleeping on the floor. The two medbays are far more advanced than the single one on the Merlin, due to the heavier causalties that the hybridized role of the ship inccurs.

So this one is also now on hold until - wait, I still need to finish the CIC. But yeah, not getting a download up until the new weapons. Yeah. Also, there are more images than above. Click any of the images to get to the gallery!