[TAW.NET] Recruitment drive $20!

Reaction score
    TAW.NET STR DivisionServer invites everyone on an amazing journey of a recruitment drive! We are opening this up to the TAW.NET Community so everyone get a chance to see our servers and our great members as well as get to play and have fun!

Prize: 20$ Steam Card!

Begins: OCT 1st 2016
    Ends: Nov 6th 2016

Rules: #1 Simple recruit members! your recruit must place your name in recruited by .
    #2 Be Promoted to PFC+ that practice on NOV 6th 2016.
    #3 Be a TAW Member Recruit+

JOIN THE DRIVE + TAW @ TAW - The Art of Warfare - Premier Online Gaming Community

BONUS PRIZE: The faction which has the most subscriptions & donations will receive 30,000 Faction Points for their in-game Faction! (These points will be used down the line for Faction Games & Bounties)
    Subscribe or Donate: http://taw.net/donations/donations.htm

ABOUT OUR FAMILY

STR Division is making big headway on the StarMade Servers! We are bringing what we call “TAW Style” to the servers with an inverted faction point system, which makes the community of players gain more land and deals Faction points off building larger instead of staying in a small area. Doing this promotes community growth near the entrance galaxy and players seem to love it! We also have many wars going on in the community of Factions.

WAR IS COMING TO TAW SERVERS!

YouTube™ Video: Vaygr Empire - War is coming trailer
    Views: 426

War is coming as Vaygr Empire is being built in TAW.NET StarMade Galaxy's
    Ran by our very own North American Battalion: Fire team “Zorro” also known as Zorrozini.

Vaygr Empire have a unique feel and look of their empire and build with a smooth ed & black finish of all their structures.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
    Bamsen|TAW - Colonel
    TAW VG Spin-up Leader : StarMade

Reaction score
    War is coming as Vaygr Empire is being built in TAW.NET StarMade Galaxy's
    Ran by our very own North American Battalion: Fire team “Zorro” also known as Zorrozini.

Vaygr Empire have a unique feel and look of their empire and build with a smooth ed & black finish of all their structures.

So long & thanks for all the fish!
    Bamsen|TAW - Colonel
    TAW VG Spin-up Leader : StarMade
    Sounds like another server with admins giving the Vaygr items to build them up.

Reactions: FlyingDebris
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't believe that's the case at all, although I doubt the advertising power of saying "come fight vaygyr, everyone! It'll be fun!" to most members of the community.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    TAW is empty, some big mistake was made, perhaps the email thing. I''d advice starting a new name to advertise as a new server while fixing this, since the potential income of players is gone for now.

Reaction score
    So you're paying people to recruit for you? That seems... desperate.
    No not really why not give back to the community by a monthly drawing for recruiting to our server and voting its really a reward for dedication to our community, a server has to be viable and flourish with members or they leave. We are a non profit and thus for we give back to our community, As well as servers give to us. Example Sony Entertainment gives speeches in TAW the CEO and Directors as well as we had our very own Beta server to ourselves in "Elder Scrolls Online" while others fought for beta keys ours was a 4/7 company hosted server =)

Anyways yes we are open for a recruitment contest for TAW members you can join or not join up to you mates.
    [doublepost=1475719325,1475719145][/doublepost]
    I like how u guys will literally smash on anything that has the name Vaygr on it, I find it kind of funny, I find it kinda sad.
    Vaygr is a dedicated community Faction on our server, as well as others we will be displaying and promoting other factions as they choose fit along with our twitter and twitch and Facebook, which is seen by many.

Milestones

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Vaygr is a dedicated community Faction
    Gonna stop you right there. With a few exceptions almost every active vaygr player is banned from the starmade dock. Redalert was recently banned from the official schine test server and formally asked to never return (he then threw a temper tantrum on reddit and subsequently deleted the thread). Even suggesting that vaygr is a dedicated community faction isn't accurate in any form. They're certainly not dedicated to TAW, they have branches on every other server. They're CERTAINLY not dedicated to the starmade community as their leadership is considered ban on sight.

Bamsen, I have no idea what the fuck you're doing. Vaygr is quite possibly the worst faction you could pick to try to advertise your server with. BDLS hit the nail on the head; the prospect of fighting vaygr is not attractive for the average starmade player. Then to come on here and offer money to join TAW just makes this look even more desperate. This was a suicidal advertising campaign.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Nobody else claims to have forty to two hundred members (or some variation of 'we're big and powerful' to convince the admins to bow down and do as they're told.
    FlyingDebris While we do not tend to get involved with admins on our colonies (except on systemhack where 2 of our members have been admins for over a year), I do assure you, we have more than 40 members for sure, and we have hosted events for servers such as helped to construct ships, hosted the Megapolis competition etc to promote the respected servers where our colonies are established. Even though this is not us telling admins to bow down and do they are told, since we are not that kind of gaming community, I must bring your attention to the fact that the first part of your argument 'nobody else claims to have forty to two hundred members' might be flawed.

-Vaygr doesn't use exploits. ( they just like to build big and not so attractive ships)
    -Only past odium members doxx ( in fact only one person and we all know who he is)
    -Vaygr does have very annoying people in it
    -Vaygr wants to fight, not ruin the game
    -Vaygr doesn't force change, they only talk to the server owners and leave them to decide if the rules should be changed
    -dude I don't think even Ridik has sent death threats, but I could be wrong

I know that some of you might find this appalling and outright reject it, but its just my two cents on the topic
    TwoNiner you are right in some regards and could be wrong in others (many of points in this thread are subjective), however I would advise you not to get involved in this thread, simply because it is likely to develop into yet another thread criticizing and debating the virtues of Vaygr Empire (not Odium Pact, hence you do not need to get involved)

TwoNiner is not a Vaygr member, in addition he was not very well informed.
    TwoNiner as you can see, even though you gave just an opinion and did mention that for some it would be wrong, some people fail to comprehend this and close down argument by saying you were 'not very well informed'

Nobody else uses VPNs to bypass bans: The only valid point you make, sad that it has nothing to do with the game.
    Jasper1991 Unfortunately, I believe it does have a few things to do with the game and this I also believe was mentioned on the thread on reddit (now deleted by Red_Alert, where your compatriot was at first adamant that he had done nothing wrong. After having received a series of replies he changed his opinion to reflect that the cost of a legal action to be carried out against him in Australia would cost Schine more than it would cost him, thus approving his own guilt in what is essentially the trespassing of starmade property, and hence a legal offense in almost every nation around the world).

I am not covering up or lying, I am presenting you with facts, logic and reasoning.
    Jasper1991 Unfortunately facts, logic and reasoning exist on the part of your counter-parts in this 'debate'. Also, you might want to mention that you may have been mistaken, as you say you are not covering up or lying and yet as far as I understand a few off your arguments have been proven wrong

To everyone on this thread: Even though the nature of advertising might not be suitable and could be inciting dislike from some members of the community, can this discussion of Vaygr be taken elsewhere? This is after all the TAW server recruitment page and regardless of whatever arguments you (opposition to Vaygr) have against Vaygr, even if they were true, this is not the place to voice them in.

TAWBamsen My sincerest apologies for getting involved in this conversation, as my point is more related to the off-topic posts than to your server in itself. I wish you luck with your recruitment drive, and personally would recommend you reconsider your advertising campaign if it is not working out very well at the moment.

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: greatmatt

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think Bog summed it up pretty well actually, with the exception that OOB actually has that many members as opposed to just acting like it.

Last edited:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Let's quit throwing accusations and use facts - TAW has 0 people online while some other (bad) servers with no rules (Freaks R Us) nor admins (Brearie's) are with a solid population.

It must be something.

Reaction score
    not to jump in on this mess but I think it's worth saying that you could have advertised more than one faction that plays on the server, that would probably look a bit better than only one

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    While we're all having fun being Absolutely Livid Just gonna throw this out there; TAW sends out too much spam mail (outlook has literally started automatically filtering emails from you guys to junk without me doing a thing)

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    While we're all having fun being Absolutely Livid Just gonna throw this out there; TAW sends out too much spam mail (outlook has literally started automatically filtering emails from you guys to junk without me doing a thing)
    They kicked me out for inactivity but I still get mails sometimes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Guys. Please. This is out of hand.

Pls stop. So much seasoning.

Reaction score
    Gonna stop you right there. With a few exceptions almost every active vaygr player is banned from the starmade dock. Redalert was recently banned from the official schine test server and formally asked to never return (he then threw a temper tantrum on reddit and subsequently deleted the thread). Even suggesting that vaygr is a dedicated community faction isn't accurate in any form. They're certainly not dedicated to TAW, they have branches on every other server. They're CERTAINLY not dedicated to the starmade community as their leadership is considered ban on sight.

Bamsen, I have no idea what the fuck you're doing. Vaygr is quite possibly the worst faction you could pick to try to advertise your server with. BDLS hit the nail on the head; the prospect of fighting vaygr is not attractive for the average starmade player. Then to come on here and offer money to join TAW just makes this look even more desperate. This was a suicidal advertising campaign.
    I think he is referring to the taw community

Reactions: Jasper1991
    Reaction score
    And this is why the Vaygr are almost banned on sight on almost every server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, drama aside, just one big question:

Is the TAW Starmade Server going to stay up if it receives no donations (ever)? Is it dependent on user funding? If so, how many months in without donations until the plug is pulled?

Edit: TAW - Last online 1 day ago

Maybe they said "Screw it" after the results of this thread.

Reaction score
    Ok, drama aside, just one big question:

Is the TAW Starmade Server going to stay up if it receives no donations (ever)? Is it dependent on user funding? If so, how many months in without donations until the plug is pulled?

Edit: TAW - Last online 1 day ago

Maybe they said "Screw it" after the results of this thread.

Yes with recent issues our server will get a new Operating System and new backend to support along with plugins in game for credits teleports homes and mods are now a thing it may take this evening but we will be bringing the servers back online with a clean slate. This should bring our uptime tenfold
    [doublepost=1475874121,1475874052][/doublepost]Also a note that our server is all public and member donation based we are a non profit organization LLC incorporate

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    TAWBamsen stop sending me emails dammit, you removed my account from the website already so I cant do anything myself.