Survival expansion mod, questions to community

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello! As some of you may know I'm creating survival expansion mod for starmade.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/survival-expansion-mod.7885/
    I'm currently changing current sm ores to real life ones, currently I implemented: gold, iron, lead, uranium, titanium, tin, aluminium.
    I would ask community what else should be added and why. Feel free to also give another suggestions regarding my mod.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Ore:
    Copper, coal, granite,
    Crystals:
    quartz, corundum, diamond, selenite, obsidian

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ore:
    Copper, coal, granite,
    Crystals:
    quartz, corundum, diamond, selenite, obsidian
    Copper, coal and quartz are added. I forgot to enlist them too lol.

Corundum is basically aluminium dioxide which is already implemented.

I'm still thinking about diamond. For obsidian and selenite , I can't find much use for them tbh.

I would also consider granite but idk of it occurs on asteroids, if yes, i would replace one of asteroid rocks.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Copper, coal and quartz are added. I forgot to enlist them too lol.

Corundum is basically aluminium dioxide which is already implemented.

I'm still thinking about diamond. For obsidian and selenite , I can't find much use for them tbh.

I would also consider granite but idk of it occurs on asteroids, if yes, i would replace one of asteroid rocks.
    What about bismuth?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Byamarro (I can send in more if you want, I have a big'ol field guide book of minerals next to my desk)
    Metal-
    Iridium
    Platinum
    Thorium
    Lithium

Crystal-
    Beryl
    Fluorite
    Graphite - (refine into diamonds source of carbon)
    Cinnabar (for that mercury)
    Any Salts

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why do you not just take a look at the periodic table and then consider what to add?

If you are done, you can give us an image of it with checked/unchecked/crossed cells.

Reaction score
    Now assume for a moment that starmade is in the future, it is possible then to see a table thats isnt finished, just because it may not be on earth does not mean it does not exist, dont bury your head in the sand pal, if you cant find it in real life, dont be afraid to think outside the box, just make up some believiable name, because like some things we arent as smart as we think we are.....lol

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Now assume for a moment that starmade is in the future, it is possible then to see a table thats isnt finished, just because it may not be on earth does not mean it does not exist, dont bury your head in the sand pal, if you cant find it in real life, dont be afraid to think outside the box, just make up some believiable name, because like some things we arent as smart as we think we are.....lol
    There are elements that don't exist on Earth but are in periodic table ;)
    There are even elements that don't exist at all but must be created synthetically.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol could just make some up too. :) Just add some protons, neutrons, and electrons and stick a name on it. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5

I'm asking about ores in this thread but I'm going to include every element.
    This mod will make u able to decompose dirt into basic elements and use them for creating sth else.

Do You guys remember cubatoms mechanic that is now deleted from game? I'm going to include somewhat balanced version of that.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Do You guys remember cubatoms mechanic that is now deleted from game? I'm going to include somewhat balanced version of that.
    The data of it was still in the blockconfig in recent builds, IIRC.
    Edit: Also, what about separating the elements making up rocks(you could pretty much say, that most surface rocks on earth are silicon ore, as they contain much silicon, although it is hard to separate from the rest)?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The data of it was still in the blockconfig in recent builds, IIRC.
    Well, yes but I will use crafting system instead.

Let's use Capsule rafinery to decompose blocks into elements, while basic factory can compose elements.
    Of course whole crafting system will be redone to still works after these changes.

I would like to be able to add new "crafting" blocks, like furnace, electrolysis blocks etc. For now I can only change textures and names of them and ofc crafting recipies.

EDIT to answer ur edit:

That is the part of my plan :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Well, yes but I will use crafting system instead.

Let's use Capsule rafinery to decompose blocks into elements, while basic factory can compose elements.
    Of course whole crafting system will be redone to still works after these changes.

I would like to be able to add new "crafting" blocks, like furnace, electrolysis blocks etc. For now I can only change textures and names of them and ofc crafting recipies.
    Maybe remove the separation between the 3 factory tiers, and use the other 2 types for other components?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe remove the separation between the 3 factory tiers, and use the other 2 types for other components?
    I'm going to. But it would still be cool to have more processing blocks :p
    I would love to make crafting system really interesting and add melters, macerators, compressors, electrolysers, rotary macerators etc.
    All of them would do different things and drain different amount of power so You could easilly craft hull from iron ores
    but u could also get a little bit of iron from red rocks by using Molecular decomposer to get Fe atoms but u will need to put a lot of power into it.

You could also use fission and fussion to make new atoms but it would cost tons of power.

Last edited:
    Reactions: PizzaPress