Suggestions: Warping, Warp Gates, Seats, Economy / Market / Plex Storage

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey there Starmade Developers and fellow community members!

I came up with a few suggestions of how we could improve the gameplay experience, i understand that some of these topics have allready been mentioned in the past, but this is where i will put all my sugesstions instead of splitting them up into individual posts, i also try to go into detail of what i actually mean unlike other posts in the past.

As i come up with new suggestions i will add them to this thread to keep it nice and orginized. also most of the suggestion i've seen good explanations about i will post a link to those instead of suggesting it again to make the lives easier for the people who read and analyse these posts.

I will post my suggestions in the order that i feel is more important.

Hopefully some of my ideas will be helpful for the dev team, cheers!

===
    Warping
    ===

I would love normal warping system similar to what EVE Online has, but from my experience of this game it would be really hard to do without expanding and making the sectors alot bigger then they are right now, which in turn would bring alot of other bugs and issues.

So i came up with a concept that would allow warping to be easier intergrated with the way this game works.

---

How about a warp block that when you activate together with coordinations it would put you in an instanced state togther with warping graphics to make you think your actually warping but you are not actually moving hundreds or thousands meters a second?'

This would fix the problem with sectors not being able to load fast enough, and instead give you a timer based on the distance, and after the warp is complete it teleports you to that sector.

For example let's say your in 2.2.2 and want to travel to 200.200.200 that would require jumping through 594 sectors and would take several hours to do manually.

Imagine for example that each sector would take 5 seconds to "warp" through. then it would take around 50 minutes to warp there instead of 5+ hours manually while also being automated.

And to prevent abuse of this system you could have a cooldown on the warping, maybe 10-15 minutes so people can't warp around constantly, but when you have it off cooldown it will serve as a great time saving tool for long travels.

===
    Warp Gates
    ===

Instead of having a warp unit inside of the ships, how about making a warp gate that acts like a stucture similar to a shop or a station that will work instanced like i mentioned above, but the gates actually have preset coordinations that cannot be edited by players but only the server admin or owner of the warp gate.

This would make traveling alot more pleasant while preventing the system from being abused as it can only teleport players to set locations set by the server admin or faction leaders (if you let players buy and control them) instead of anywhere in the galaxy.

===
    Seats
    ===

As most of you should know by now, it's really hard to transport other players inside your ship unless the enter a computer which will merge them with the ship.

How about a seat that you can place down which allows players to sit down and get merged with the ship? This would prevent other players from randomly clipping through your ship and get stranded in space while traveling.

===
    Economy / Market / Plex Storage
    ===

How about changing shops so they buy items really cheap but sells them really high? and also changing the stock they have so they only have a few specific items? This would leave alot of room for player controlled market places based on demand with contantly fluxating prices.

Also shops that isn't neutrally controlled like faction shops would have to maintain their own stock and could change the prices of that shop as they wish, for example they could pay really well for specific items they need which would interest other players to travel to your sector to sell their goods for a higher price.

This would create a really engaging and ever changing economy aswell as creating a purpose for transport ships.

---

If you changed the amount of items that can be hold in one slot heavily reducing it, it would create a bigger reason for Plex Storage. Because of the way it works right now you can hold millions of blocks at one time if they stack them.

How about having a limit of around 100 blocks per slot? it's a nice and easy number for counting instead of 64.

Also right now Plex Storage is really cheap to buy and it can hold alot of items, how about making a Plex Storage as big as your inventory or maybe increase the price of Plex Storage dramaticly so you can't fill your whole ship with storage containers even earily game?

This would also open up the oppertunity for transport ships like i mentioned above, if extra storage is to cheap or easy to obtain transport ships would make no sense at all, but it could add alot to the gameplay experience, especilary with a bigger community on a server.

With a rebalanced economy where you cant make millions really easily and have to mine and work towards progression, a price of 100k per chest would be pretty ideal, then it won't be so cheap that you can buy unlimited amounts of storage, and when you eventually scrape up enough money for one it will increase your productivity really nicely while transport ships can dedicate their money soley on storage and shielding to make money out of other players who need items moved from place to place.

----------------------------

Other suggestions i like.

===
    Stasis Pods: http://star-made.org/content/suggestions-trains-seats-stasis-pods-additional-blocks-properties-and-features
    ===

===
    Trash Can: http://star-made.org/content/trash-can
    ===

===
    Landing Gear: http://star-made.org/content/landing-gear
    ===

===
    Search Engine: http://star-made.org/content/suggestion-put-search-engine-store
    ===

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    While I\'m not against reworking the inventory system towards more \"realistic\" way, it should be kept in mind that we place easily tens, hundreds or even thousands of blocks with just one click when building, and scale goes from tiny 500 block fighter to 5000 block destroyer and past 30000 block battleships to massive dreadnoughts and carriers comprising hundreds of thousands blocks.

So while restricting pocket space will be fine eventually, first implement drawing building materials from ship storage and easy transfer of blocks from station to ship and so on. One good suggestion so far has been cargo computer as openable control block linked to storage units. You could even drastically lower container capacity if they can be linked into one cargo bay with single block access. 100 blocks per storage unit would see cargo ships appear for sure, 10x10x10 cube of cargo modules holding 100 000 blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea of seats a lot. It would be a way to specifically bind with cockpits, weapons computers, etc., and be a way for players to be visible while using such things, if the developers wished this so. I think it would be cool, like being able to walk up to the captain sitting in his bridge command seat to receive orders then going to your seat at the flight console.

2hu

Reaction score
    Just to note you don\'t need to use a computer to keep players in your ship anymore, you can use a grav module