Suggestions for this work in progress transport?

Reaction score

I-Beam Transport Mk1 (wip2) by Guard13007 on Sketchfab

Been working on this design for a small simple transport. Currently can carry 84k volume and has a 3-module chain drive. 80k is in 8 of my 10k cargo pods, 4k is in the main vessel. I'm going to be adding more shielding and jump drives to it (as well as probably some more thrust), but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for extra things to try to squeeze in order to consider in a new version or a similar design.

Right now, I think I forgot to mention the shuttle much, and like I said, it's still got some work to be put in before it's ready for a release, but I posted the work-in-progress so people could view the model and give me ideas. Thanks!

Edit: Fixed the SketchFab embed, accidentally used my cargo pod.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    See the gap in that model where theres 1 cargo pod missing? That would be an awesome place to put a drivers cab, other than that I'd just reccomend painting the thing and smoothing out the area around the USD. Sweet little freighter btw.

Reactions: Calhoun
    Reaction score
    See the gap in that model where theres 1 cargo pod missing? That would be an awesome place to put a drivers cab, other than that I'd just reccomend painting the thing and smoothing out the area around the USD. Sweet little freighter btw.
    I agree with smoothing the USD, but the missing pod is just a missing pod because I accidentally had a pirate attack while building it and damage a pod, and I was too lazy to put another one back on since the design isn't finalized. There is a bridge on the ship already (complete interior) so I don't see the need for a special driver's cab.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I agree with smoothing the USD, but the missing pod is just a missing pod because I accidentally had a pirate attack while building it and damage a pod, and I was too lazy to put another one back on since the design isn't finalized. There is a bridge on the ship already (complete interior) so I don't see the need for a special driver's cab.
    I suggested the cab not because I thought there was no bridge but because assymetry has a certain charm that I thought would fit quite nicely with the style of ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    your usd isn't 3x3,so wont link to others,also maybe carry the blue stripe all the way around? other than that a great ship so far

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    your usd isn't 3x3,so wont link to others,also maybe carry the blue stripe all the way around? other than that a great ship so far
    Actually, building a 2x3 USD door is compatible as long as you use full blocks for the 3 spaces above the door access, as it will still form a seal. In fact, several designs use this feature to make smaller docks that are still compatible. :)

If by blue stripe, you mean the cockpit windows (sorry they don't show up terribly well on the 3D model), ...well they're windows, for the cockpit.. xD

Reaction score
    The Mk1 has been published if any of y'all want to go check it out! :D