- Dec 3, 2016
- Reaction score
Can I or you (may be) make a thread about ALL suggestions about armor and penetration? Choosing between different suggestions is better than one suggestion as I think.
Some people think that armor is weak and/or penetration is too big.Well, yes, why not. I would be grateful if you did it.
Here is list of suggestions. Some of them are from forum:
- akimzav's suggestion: Armor would have a penetration resistance that would increase the more blocks of armor a shot would line up against. If a shot is insufficient to penetrate the armor, it would do zero damage. It it exceeds the penetration value, it deals some block damage to the armor, but possibly not enough to destroy it, and continues to do damage beyond it.
- Edymnion's suggestion: The armor hit point pool would act instead as a form of second shield, such that armor blocks would not be destroyed at all until the AHP runs out. After that, armor blocks would be destroyed as normal, as they would without AHP.
- jijiji's suggestion linear: To penetrate armor, bullet wlll loose X amount of penetration.
- jijiji's suggestion nonlinear: To penetrate armor, bullet will loose X^[WIDTH] penetration.
- taisong's suggestion: Armor should spread much of the damage it sustains to any armor blocks surrounding it, making it necessary to do a lot more damage to actually break through that particular area of armor.
- StarWars1981's suggestion: Armor should have a resistance value that increases depending upon the quantity of armor that is in line with the shot. Great depths of armor (IE: 30 blocks deep) could become exceedingly difficult to penetrate. The difference with Akimzav's seems to be that Akimzav's resistance would be lower and permit penetration without total armor block destruction.
- kaemcedlra's suggestion: Both armor and shields should have penetration resistance percentages versus weapons, but that resistance would be effective versus only either kinetic or energy damage, so a ship wanting equal levels of defense versus all types of damage would be required to have both shields and armor.
- aRottenKomquat's suggestion: is essentially the same as StarWars1981's suggestion.
- [NEW]Lancake's suggestion: Armor resistance should scale depending upon how much armor hit points are in the armor pool. So a small ship without a lot of armor would have rather low block armor percentage, whereas an armored battleship would have maximum resistance, while it's AHP pool was high.
This thread made for discussion about armor and penetration. You can feel free to prove and disprove any suggestions! Don't keep silence. Say what you want and it might change the game.