[Suggestion] Brush Plate / Hologram Block a.k.a "Curtainblock"?

Reaction score
    So. While building this (see picture below) vanilla turret i came across an aesthetic dilemma.

My Suggestion would be a visible block without mass

or maybe even two different blocks to fulfill the role.

1. A Block available in all colors (like hull & armor) with a brush plate structure for the industrial look

2. A Hologram Block - Similar to "Create Docking" you place the hologram block and then get to choose where the hologram should appear (limited range) once placed you can link the hologramblock (hologen?) to "any" other block which will then be projected without mass. this could open the door to some cool designs e.g floating light graffiti.

bonus: while typing this a small epiphany came along. here it goes
    - When linking a display module only the text will be projected - this should be a controllable feature
    Since the block has no mass it could be possible to overlap it onto another display module via a docked entity. the hologram could then be modified with all kinds of logic sensors etc.

this is alterintel's 8 Bit Sensor imagine the floating heads up display with the hologramblock flashing lights and everything :D

starmade brush plate idea.jpg starmade-screenshot-0002.png

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe we can have paint-regex.
    line 1 1 10 10
    first to last line and character diagonally across a display block.​

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    i thought of that at one point too

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wonder if water could do what you want with a turret. If they add all the coloured waters, black could be useful here.