Stuck Synchronizing

Reaction score
    When ever I try join a specific server that me and my friend play on, one of my computers is stuck requesting synchronizing, and my other computer just joins but cant run the game well, I can play on other servers just fine but that one I can't and I have done a lot in it. I have tried reinstalling it, I restarted my computer, I restarted my router several times, I tried downgrading and updating it.

Server IP: lom-samp.de:4242

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    When ever I try join a specific server that me and my friend play on, one of my computers is stuck requesting synchronizing, and my other computer just joins but cant run the game well, I can play on other servers just fine but that one I can't and I have done a lot in it. I have tried reinstalling it, I restarted my computer, I restarted my router several times, I tried downgrading and updating it.

Server IP: lom-samp.de:4242
    Double check your firewall.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You would just need to make sure firewall isn't blocking java from internet functions.

What could also be happening is that you have something already using port 4242 on your end.

Reaction score
    You would just need to make sure firewall isn't blocking java from internet functions.

What could also be happening is that you have something already using port 4242 on your end.
    Im pretty sure its not blocked but i will recheck and how could i check to see if 4242 is in use?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, looks like a firewall issue, however for a server, this needs no specific port settings.
    They just need java allowed to create outgoing connections.
    So if both computers can reach the internet, they should be fine.

Can you please wipe the /starmade/logs directory for both clients, and (try to) login to the server?
    After the connections failed for one, and worked for the other, quit the game, and attach both log.txt.0 files here. (may need to rename them to "log.txt" or alike for SMD to accept the upload, or just zip them, will look into them then, and examine the problem.

- Andy

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    Yes, looks like a firewall issue, however for a server, this needs no specific port settings.
    They just need java allowed to create outgoing connections.
    So if both computers can reach the internet, they should be fine.

Can you please wipe the /starmade/logs directory for both clients, and (try to) login to the server?
    After the connections failed for one, and worked for the other, quit the game, and attach both log.txt.0 files here. (may need to rename them to "log.txt" or alike for SMD to accept the upload, or just zip them, will look into them then, and examine the problem.

- Andy
    Those are the log.text.0 folders the one that couldn't connect is on a desktop, and the one that could is a laptop. I wiped the log folders on both nothing changed.

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The one that cannot connect, shall clear the client cache.
    clear-client-cache.png

If that does not solve it, check for unused controllers (joystick? external touchpad?) and unplug them,
    looks like something in the input event processing hangs.
    We also know of a few cases where "AMBX Gaming lights" or similar hardware did cause this, so try to unplug everything that fiddles around with input/output and video display and is not keyboard or mouse.

- Andy

Reaction score
    The one that cannot connect, shall clear the client cache.
    View attachment 21377

If that does not solve it, check for unused controllers (joystick? external touchpad?) and unplug them,
    looks like something in the input event processing hangs.
    We also know of a few cases where "AMBX Gaming lights" or similar hardware did cause this, so try to unplug everything that fiddles around with input/output and video display and is not keyboard or mouse.

- Andy
    It worked thank you so much for helping me!!!!!