Stuck at 49%!

Reaction score
    Help me please! I'm a Mac user, (I don't know specs) And every single time i start up the game it gets to 49% and then just stops and i have to quit the game! I don't know what to do. Please help

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Help me please! I'm a Mac user, (I don't know specs) And every single time i start up the game it gets to 49% and then just stops and i have to quit the game! I don't know what to do. Please help
    Is this before it gets to the menu?
    or before you create / enter a singleplayer world?
    or when you're connecting to a server?

Reaction score
    As soon as I press launch from the launcher menu it says loading at the top left corner.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Search for the settings.cfg in the starmade install path and open it with notepad (or what ever is used for it on MAC )
    then change the following lines accordingly and save it. Then see if it works.

PLAY_INTRO = false //Play Intro
    TUTORIAL_PLAY_INTRO = false

Reaction score
    I've found the settings.cfg, but for some reason it's blank? Whenever i open it in notepad, nothing pops up... Can you maybe send me a copy of the default settings.cfg, and then maybe i could copy it to mine.
    [doublepost=1494872740,1494871994][/doublepost]Never mind I found it! Thanks so much, it turns out you have to use textedit, as notepad won't work! I'm gonna go try it now and see if it works!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Hmm .. sounds like something else then .. but anyways here is a default one with both lines already changed.

if this isnt working ... in the logs folder should be a logstarmade.0.log file (newest timestamp) drag and drop that into an answer here then

Attachments

Reaction score
    Oh boy, I seem to be getting every problem there is... Alright so i got the game to work (Yay!) thanks for helping me, BUT now whenever i press the spawn button to enter the universe, the game freezes and i have to manually abort it... Any suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    the mentioned logfiles might be useful here.

otherwise .. how long did you wait for the game to start ? ... it has to generate the universe and setup files on the first start

Reaction score
    AH! I figured it out! Ok so i figured, since last time the issue was with the startup intro features, i figured it might be with this case too, so i disabled the tutorial, and it works perfectly now! Thanks for all the replies!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Weird ... i did disable the Video tutorial on startup in the settings i posted ...

anyways ... good that it works now :)