Steam / StarMade account dont link

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    hi, my name is victor, i´m a spanish gamer, i play your game for long time... 2-3 years if i can remember (when the game was free to play), then when the game was a optional purchase for the future release, i buy it for 5€; now.. before spend alot of hours i decide upgrade the game w the new steam account option.. but... since i do that, when i see the info of my SM account, it look i dont buy the game, i hope you can help me, i attach 2 pics, one of the old site of starmade, where it say i buy the game, and other, i dont purchase it

it look many players have the same issue, if you can make a threat "do it yourself" to resolve this problem, that will be very apreciate, thanks for read

Last edited:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Those are different problems mixed.

Usually when having the "purchased" on the old site, you should have an upgraded account.

However, in december we had a "self service" process to generate a steam key from your upgraded status.
    It was meant to be redeemed in your steam account and then this steam account should be linked to a registry account again to re-upgrade.
    (Any other way would have allowed you to duplicate the purchase)

Shortly after this, we were able to switch to a direct interaction system, this does not downgrade your account, but add starmade to steam when linking an upgraded registry account to a steam account that does not have starmade, and vice versa will upgrade your registry account in case you link a steam account that has purchased a copy of starmade to a non-upgraded account.

The only way to get out of this situation is to redeem the key you get shown beside the note you have a legacy key assigned.
    In some situations this does not work, in this case please open a support ticket (check "official help"-forum for a link to it.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    thank you very much for helping me with my problem, I have sought relevant information on the forum's official website but have not found any guidance on how you should proceed.

Thanks again for the help