Steam achievements / badges / smilies

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hi !

I have this game on steam.. it doesn't change the gameplay much uh :D But every game I have does include steam achievements.. why should Starmade not have one ? It would make the game even more fun for achievement hunters !

Also, CS:GO has special badges, which you can snap on your profile... also a good thing for Starmade to have !

Maybe even a special smillie (including me of course) :)

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    maybe when the game is once done but right now this doesnt seem very important

Reaction score
    Somewhat unrelated, but...

Why would someone get a game on steam when they have the alternative of not going through Valve to play it?

Letting Gaben decide whether or not you have access to your own games is not a good idea.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!

Why would someone get a game on steam when they have the alternative of not going through Valve to play it?

Letting Gaben decide whether or not you have access to your own games is not a good idea.
    Maybe because you can then have it forever on your account ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Some may not have that alternative option available to them. For example, there are cards in the US that can only be used to purchase from American vendors. If the product isn't sold in an American store, someone with such a card can not buy it. Schine is German; Steam is American.

Regarding the OP: Achievements are something that can wait until after the core game features are done.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive

Maybe this is just me, but young people / people who are not involved in legitimate dealings do not always have access to every method of pay. I use steam because I can buy steam gift cards with cash, which I can't do to get money on paypal and certainly can't do with a credit card.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Because they happen to have the money required for buying the game on steam but not available elswhere. Even if one bought starmade via steam, it doesn't mean one plays it via steam.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I can't see achievements going in any time soon, as great as the game is compared to what is being promised it feels half finished at best. There is still the massive faction/economy overhaul coming that might completely change up the way everyone plays the game. Add to the fact that the game is very customizable, it might need something like what fallout 4 is doing to make getting an achievement meaningful. Which would bar you from getting them on most any multi-player server.