Read by Council Station Module (a type of shipyard/core)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So your faction has one or more 'default' stations you build in various locations. Maybe outpost, shipyard, defense, mining, cargo who knows but making them from scratch is annoying. Sure you can make a massive template of the parts and assemble it but that's just as annoying (maybe more).

What I suggest is replacing the stations starting block with a limited type of shipyard. It is loaded with a blueprint (that can be made from a completed station) and when needed blocks are supplied it begins to construct the station. Here are few features/ideas I have for the station block:
    • This is your 1,000,000 credit block and placed as the 1st block, it can be removed but never replaced (keeps stations designs from being 'stolen').
    • Has much larger storage than a shipyard/storage block but perhaps access and cargo blocks in the structure for needed materials (building or repair).
    • The block can:
      • Make Blueprint (of current station)
      • Load/Unload Blueprint
      • Deconstruct Station
      • Build/Repair Station (repair can be left on)
      • Self-Destruct (timer and *BOOM*, no station)
    • Unlike shipyards it places blocks in real time so you can see the station being made (placement priority is something the devs can figure out).
    • It has an auto-repair function that when enabled begins repairing the station to it's loaded blueprint, this activates when it's received no damage after a period of time. This is needs to be deactivated to modify a station or it will 'undo' your changes.
    • The destruction of this block will stop repairs, dump its contents but otherwise does not affect the station.
    • Old stations are just like these 'new' ones but have no station block so they cannot be 'copied', admin can of course place the station block (one per entity) to allow blueprints to be created and thus repaired.
    I'm sure you all have additions to this idea, have at it.

Reactions: Cheapskate
    Reaction score
    I love this idea. Makes significantly more sense cost-wise, than the whole "this here block of grey standard costs a million space bucks just because it's location-locked" (and yes, I think I understand that the overall "why" of that decision was to prevent stations from being crapped out everywhere)