station catalogue and download

would you like a space station catalogue?

• I would not like a space station catalogue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I just came off playing starmade having fond something that rather shocked me. I was on my single-player world and was creating a space station (in a build block) and I wanted to save my station into the catalogue so I could put it onto a server. But unfortunately, even if you are in a build block, you can't save your space stations, this made me feel quite angry :( as I had spent ages on this space station. What I propose is an entirely new catalogue where you can save your space stations via build block and create a .sment file for you space station so you can actually have Space Stations in the space station section of the downloads.

So if you are reading this, schema, calbiri, Kupu or anyone else who is in schine, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN :(

like and poll if you agree

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can create station blueprints already by selecting the station and using the command /save <name>
    It isnt then available through the catalogue, but you could upload it and get an admin to spawn it for you.

Having said this, I do think there should be a way to spawn stations without commands, perhaps using a ship yard sort of system?

Reaction score
    Space stations are in a fixed position in a sector, so buying one would be a bit more complicated than buying a ship. What if you are right on a sector border when you press buy? Your space station might end up half in one sector and half in another, which tends to cause trouble.

People could blueprint a space station with a lot of big turrets, go to the sector next to an enemy base, buy the blueprint and turn it into a home base! At least it takes some effort to troll an enemy faction like that in the current state of the game.

I think the system where an admin imports the entire sector is fine.

Reaction score
    Buying a station blueprint could be represented as a special build block(Say a generic "Blueprint Package Block") with the blueprint name on it. Then the play only needs to take it to a sector and spawn it in by selecting it...Poof station appears!

There would need to be prerequisite checks like no other stations in the same sector and no other object within the radius of the station +1000 before the server/client would allow the new object to be spawned in.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've been mentioning we need this just about every chance I get but I don't feel the current game is ready for this yet. With the broken economy and ability to poof anything into existence you could spam stations so easily.

I think there should be a station core or it will just use a build block when you spawn a station. Then we need a build/repair from blueprint system and the station will have to be constructed using astro techno beams such as you would repair a ship using the same system.

Reaction score
    You could also add to it for specific structures to be built in and have blueprints, for example a house or a skyscraper etc. that connects to other blocks and then becomes permanently fixed to that planet / space station. This could be a good way for people to quickly build cities or bases on planets they have taken over

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I want modules too (no 1/2 block gap or target-marker spamming the sector navigation)

I don't want to place every room again and again and again on every ship and station.

This would not limit creativity, but give your ships an unique style, consistent and different from what others may use.