Read by Schine Static Movement Option in the map menu + Remember Previous Location Option

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1. Static Movement:
    Ok, so this is an idea which I think would help make navigating around the map a lot easier (M key). Basically, I'd like there to be a "Static Movement" button, which would make it so that "E" ALWAYS goes up toward the positive sectors vertically. Q, down. "A" toward positive numbers horizontally across one axis and "D" toward negative numbers across that same axis. And then "W" and "S" would also work similarly, except across the perpendicular axis. I suggest this because it kind of drives me batty when I'm looking around and I change my view just a little and suddenly I have no idea where each of the buttons are going to take me. It makes it hard for me to navigate around the map. But I need to move my view around to get a clear view of stations and such. If it could just be predictable where each button press will take me, that would be awesome. Perhaps there could even be a little compass that moves with your view, so you know which direction each button will take you, no matter how much you may spin.

Example:

W
    A D
    S

2. Remember previous location:
    Basically, when I press the M button and I start looking around, I'd like to be able to exit the map menu, and then come back to it and be right where I left off. There could be a checkbox called "Remember Last Location." If I uncheck it, then the map resets to centering around my location when I close and open it, but if it's on, it takes me right back to where I left off. Or perhaps the map could simply do this by default and people would use the existing "Center on own pos" button to center themselves.

Thank you again for you time. Have a great day. :)

Reactions: WitherFireGaming

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    The map will likely feature a number of changes as development continues. It is far from finished. It is unlikely that there would be a remember previous location, as that is quite uncommon as far as I am aware. Navigating and finding locations in the map will certainly be easier however.