Starmade Wrapper - A starmade server management tool

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    StarmadeWrapper is a wrapper utility for the starmade server. It adds command, and scripting, functionality to your server.

*** Update and support regarding all of my work will now solely be posted on the ElwynEernity forums, due to concerns regarding starmadedock.net, for the foreseeable future ***

Configure:
    1. Refer to "How to start"
    2. Stop server (type "stop" in console and click ender)
    3. Open "config.yml"
    4. Change settings accordingly

Commands:
    1. !addwarp (faction name or "all" for all users) (x) (y) (z) (x) (y) (z): Add a warp that links to sectors together (Admin Only)
    2. !claim: Claim rewards for a user after they have voted for on http://starmade-servers.com
    3. !delwarp (x) (y) (z): Delete all warps that connect to (x) (y) (z)
    4. !setfactionowner (user) (faction name): Set the owner of a faction to allow them to permit users to use their warp-gates
    5. !help: Get help info for a user
    6. !location: Get the location as last reported to StarmadeWrapper
    7. !permit (user): Permit (user) to use any warp-gates owned by your faction
    8. !reload: Reload all of the commands, and scripts, registered to the server. (Admin Only)
    9. !stuck: Teleports the sender to spawn
    10: !tp (x) (y) (z): Sends the command sender to sector (x) (y) (z)
    11: !warp: Warps the sender to the other end of a warp sector (Only works in a sector added as a warp)

How to start:
    1. Unzip this into a directory
    2. Run the script file for your OS
    A. On windows run "windows-start.bat"
    B. On linux run "linux-start.sh"
    3. Wait for the server to start
    4. Stop the server, edit the configs to your liking.
    5. Redo step number 2 to start the server again.

How to get in touch:
    1. Connect to irc.esper.net and join #gravypod
    2. Email me at [email protected]

Good to know info:
    1. Yes, I do like feature requests
    2. Yes, I can work with you if you are a hosting company to get this working with your setup
    3. No, I am not breaking the TOS of starmade

Requirements:
    1. Java 7

Web CP:

The Web CP is a built in control panel for the StarmadeWrapper. It currently only shows in-game chat, allows you to stop, restart, start, and kill the server, and tells you if the server is online. The panel will later allow configuration of the StarmadeWrapper. I am also looking into the possibility of creating a starmade config editor.​

Notes:
    1. The panel by default is on
    2. The default port is 453
    3. The password is randomly generated
    Libraries used & packaged within the jar:
    1. Sleep ( http://sleep.dashnine.org/ )
    2. YamlBeans ( https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/yamlbeans/ )
    3. Json-Simple ( https://code.google.com/p/json-simple/ )

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Did already work out the bug/exploit in !stuck that allows you to warp planets and stations into spawn? Last time i tried out your server there were several of them in the spawn sector, and your players were trying to "push them out"

SPOILER: it did not end well...

Reactions: ElgarL
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Did already work out the bug/exploit in !stuck that allows you to warp planets and stations into spawn? Last time i tried out your server there were several of them in the spawn sector, and your players were trying to "push them out"

SPOILER: it did not end well...
    !stuck sends someone to spawn. I don't know what you are talking about.

Reaction score
    well if they do !stuck while in build mode on a planet/ in a station.... bad stuff happens

Reaction score
    Moved this thread to a new Third-Party Software sub-forum. :) Let me know if you feel this isn't the right place for it.

Reaction score
    Moved this thread to a new Third-Party Software sub-forum. :) Let me know if you feel this isn't the right place for it.
    Then what is supposed to go under "mods"? since you are not allowed to decompile/deobfuscate/edit the starmade source code every "mod"/enhancement will be technically "third party software".

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Then what is supposed to go under "mods"? since you are not allowed to decompile/deobfuscate/edit the starmade source code every "mod"/enhancement will be technically "third party software".
    Custom block packs like Immersive Blocks

Reaction score
    Things that will come in the future generally, such as player-made models/parts for Fauna, or Lua scripts for NPC behavior. Either things that alter graphical effects but do not full under the category of "texture pack" or "skin", or modifications to gameplay. Additional content or more atypical alterations for visuals. Modified block definitions, especially those that are more than visual. (Stronger hulls, blocks with new functions. For example, the forcefield that blocks weapons but not players or ships.)

In other words, there are plenty of things which are not software, texture packs or skins. Releases/WIP are a bit bare categories at the moment, but there will be many more things to mod in the future. If you'd like to know more, you may consider reading the "Modding and You" sticky thread in the main Modding General forum. (It's easy to not notice that you can post in the parent Mods forum.)

Possibly best to get back on topic, though, that being StarmadeWrapper. :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This is an awesome thing if you want admins to have access to the server, but not the actual server. its something that should be built into the game, or at least be made more official :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is an awesome thing if you want admins to have access to the server, but not the actual server. its something that should be built into the game, or at least be made more official :)
    yes that's true therimmer96

Reaction score
    Things that will come in the future generally, such as player-made models/parts for Fauna, or Lua scripts for NPC behavior. Either things that alter graphical effects but do not full under the category of "texture pack" or "skin", or modifications to gameplay. Additional content or more atypical alterations for visuals. Modified block definitions, especially those that are more than visual. (Stronger hulls, blocks with new functions. For example, the forcefield that blocks weapons but not players or ships.)
    Lol stronger hulls :p, in the last update schema reduced the max block health to increase the amount of possible block rotations so you can't have hulls that have more health then hardened hull now. (you can techically increase armor value, but that's pretty limited and has other flaws)

Reaction score
    Lol stronger hulls :p, in the last update schema reduced the max block health to increase the amount of possible block rotations so you can't have hulls that have more health then hardened hull now. (you can techically increase armor value, but that's pretty limited and has other flaws)
    Never underestimate modders, haha.

That being said, you should probably be more excited for the possibility of things like people modding in various aliens from famous Sci-Fi shows or movies. Because nothing says fun like having an Alien from the movie Alien or Aliens ripping open your spleen or injecting eggs into your face.

(I make no promises about the possibility of Fauna injecting eggs into faces. But I tend to just assume modders will find a way anyway as long as a good framework is there.)

Only so much effort can be put into modding support right now as so much effort is being put into the foundation of the game itself. Still, over time I hope we can provide plenty of means of customizing or expanding your experience in StarMade, at least in whatever ways prove possible/feasible. Not sure what will be possible, but expect the future to be bright.

...really though. On topic might be nice.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Only so much effort can be put into modding support right now as so much effort is being put into the foundation of the game itself. Still, over time I hope we can provide plenty of means of customizing or expanding your experience in StarMade, at least in whatever ways prove possible/feasible. Not sure what will be possible, but expect the future to be bright.
    Supporting modding, or some form of plugin/mod framework, would most likely help improve the standards of the core game code. Much needs to be done, but offloading features additions to the community would allow more time to be spent on fixing/updating the core game code.

(P.S. this is just my opinion.)

Reaction score
    Never underestimate modders, haha.

it's literally the max amount of health the engine can support atm, unless you change the entire way it stores the

...really though. On topic might be nice.
    Supporting modding, or some form of plugin/mod framework, would most likely help improve the standards of the core game code. Much needs to be done, but offloading features additions to the community would allow more time to be spent on fixing/updating the core game code.

(P.S. this is just my opinion.)
    schema has already said he doesn't want to open up the game code, and a modding api will most likely only be after beta/full release