Starmade won't start

Reaction score
    So I have a 64bit Windows 8 OS computer, with the latest versions of Java and driver updates. I have a GeoForce graphics card as well as Intel integrated grahics processors. The game installs, and it even starts up.

However it closes out abruptly and then when I restart the starter I get this message:

I've tried running it as an administrator, and I've also tried running it with the different graphics cards. It just doesn't load up. It has loaded and played before on this computer. It was one of my parents computers, and they recently gave it to me, but it had been wiped. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hmmm. Well, first, make sure you're loading it with your graphics card, NOT the Intel Integrated Graphics. I would next check Java and drivers, just in case. By chance, what GeForce card is it?

Reaction score
    As explained by Zyrr, the game is maybe loading with the incorrect graphics card. Please make sure that you've updated your onboard graphics card driver as well. Intel cards are known to cause problems with starmade. Make sure that you're not running in any kind of power saving mode as well.

I know that I've setup starmade to run on a dedicated gpu for a friend, however I cannot remember how exactly I did manage to do it(I think there was an option in the drivers menu). I'm relatively sure that you can find a solution for that via searching.

Best regards,
    Seoson

Reactions: Monstarules
    Reaction score
    It automatically runs the Nvidia graphics because its set to high performance. Its also the default setting. As for the graphcis card, it is a GeoForce GT 650M. I have updated the drivers and everything. I can even record a video of what happens.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Tiny thing but its really annoying me, it's GeForce not GeoForce..

Isn't there a history of starmade not working well, if at all, with windows 8? Can anyone remember the details on that? I think it had something to do with whether it was 8 or 8.1 ? A quick search found this, the common factor there looks to be windows 8