1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Starmade won't connect

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kyoretsu, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Kyoretsu

When I launch Starmade, I choose sandbox mode for 1player (obviously), and then it goes to connect to "Localhost:2424" It syatys there, never connecting. I have never had this probelm before.

2. XxDanclarke96xX

have you got the little circle for singleplayer selected? sinple solution if not

3. Kyoretsu

Yes, I do. It won\'t connect to any servers, but the most problematic connection issue is my own local server.

4. EpicFailLord123

Starmade runs on an internal server.

5. Kyoretsu

It still doesn\'t connect. Regardless of which server I am trying to connect to, my local server or someone else\'s, it doesn\'t connect. The Starmade Connector stays at \"Connecting to localhost:2424\" indefinitely

6. Ezmond

I have the same problem! I cant play starmade. :(

7. Kyoretsu

I have trid reinstalling, redownloading, making a new world, running it in different compatability modes. Nothing is working.

8. agigabyte

9. Qweesdy

Hi,

Are you sure it says \"\"Connecting to localhost:2424\" and not \"Connecting to localhost:4242\"? Maybe it actually is trying to connect to the wrong port..

10. SirRandomheart

I am experiancing the exact same troubles as described in this post. I have reinstalled at least Four times. I finally got a prompt to Migrate something or the other, but I am afraid I still have not found a fix. Anyone have any clue, or manage to find a fix?

11. Invadr

On a Mac. Was playing one minute - the next minute, disconnected from the server and won\'t connect any longer.

12. Krazykat

can any of you having troubles connect to multiplayer servers?