StarMade v0.197.51 - Third big round of fixes

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Yes! These really help with quality of life. Especially the update to advanced build mode.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol more sanity fixes. :) Just wondering how many more to go so far?

Reaction score
    I apreciate all the work, but the more bug fix updates come out, the more often I encounter critical errors and game crashes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    T542!!!! I can finally continue my build without feeling like I'm wasting my time when it comes to meta stuff far from the core. :D I know this is still pre-release etc, but I love bug fix patches.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    This wasn't mentioned in the news post, but if you notice that a specific issue that was supposed to be fixed and yet you encountered it again, please contact me and we'll take a look at it.

I apreciate all the work, but the more bug fix updates come out, the more often I encounter critical errors and game crashes.
    In case you crash, please make a bug report Login to Phabricator (you don't need to fill in everything) and include logs. If you know what caused it to happen, please mention that too.

Reactions: MaartenAll

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    T1339, I have had sooooo many little accidents with the hot bar firing/activating whatever computer was selected when I clicked the mouse on another window.
    T942, yay now people will stop digging out my docked reactors way before my shields hit 25%, suck that you swarmer using scum!
    T787, OMG thank you! Such a quality of life thing you know!

T204 T197 T187 WOW I had just kinda taken those as 'quirks' of starmade, I never actually thought they would be fixed because their always seemed to be more pressing issues at hand!

T97 I had that problem a LOT with corners and slabs, glad to see that it is fixed!

Those are my list of favorite bug fixes this release, I would rename this to the "quality of life" update! :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm glad that Dave seems to have literally pulled his head out of his ass. Thanks for the great bugfixes, Schema. Can't wait to see what kind of great content will be coming down the pipelines.

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Wow! I bug I reported a few days ago has been fixed! Amazing.

I can now create new designs in my shipyards again and import blueprints.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Almost half of these bugs are ones I would have reported if someone else didn't beat me to it, lol. I'm really gonna notice a whole lot of these fixes, thanks so much!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    T904 Cargo block doesn't become full if it's the only one linked to a chest

No, why was this considered a bug?! It's simple, if you don't link them to a computer they appear as full blocks so you can use them decoratively. Once they are linked they become usable storage and disappear. Now we lost access to a very nice decorative block.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    A check box for whether we want to remove or replace the block we're looking at would be nice. This new remove what you're looking at button isn't very useful without that to go along with it.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    T904 Cargo block doesn't become full if it's the only one linked to a chest

No, why was this considered a bug?! It's simple, if you don't link them to a computer they appear as full blocks so you can use them decoratively. Once they are linked they become usable storage and disappear. Now we lost access to a very nice decorative block.
    I kind of agree with this. The look of a cargo bay with some items in stock looks nice. I used to use ingots for this purpose as it adds very little mass while adding to aesthetics. You win some, you lose some.

In any case, the rest of the update looks really nice.

Reaction score
    T97 and T187 are finally fixed !!!!! also with T197 and T204

I thought T197 and T204 won't get fix because there will be no more "blueprints" system and everyone will have to switch to use "designs".
    I guess I am wrong, but I am super happy that we are keeping the blueprint system:D Thanks Schema and Schine

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is anyone else on Steam getting an issue where you can hit "Start Game" from the launcher, and then it says "running" for 20 seconds then just... stops?

Doubt this is an in game problem. Encountered this morning only, after trying to retrofit to an older version as my server hadn't updated yet. Beginning to think the game is trying to tell me something... :)

In other news, yay for fixes. I am seeing a lot of complaints on other Steam games about abandonware, and it's clear here the development team have an active passion for keeping the game going, so our thanks for that.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1461568659,1461566403][/DOUBLEPOST]A full reinstall didn't work but the experimental Beta launcher has identified an issue which I am attempting to resolve now, so it could be that the old launcher just didn't spot the issue. Should I bother reporting that as a bug with the original launcher or, since it will be replaced with Beta anyway, does the Dev team not really want to fix it? (Assuming this repair works of course!)