StarMade v0.19538 - New Thruster Mechanics

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yaaay! I like most of this, and this thrust update has been long-awaited... Not sure about the 25% thrust nerf, though :|

As I asked last update, what's next? It seems that all of the major ship mechanics-type things have been taken care of, so are we finally moving into NPC crew?

Reactions: alterintel
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Thrust changes sound great, and I'm happier than I should be about pink hulls. The past updates have been great.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Great update but It's pretty sad that no any dev cares about updating starmade roadmap :/

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Rail Engines that twist and move are going to be awesome!

whats next? Chairs or Crew?

Reaction score
    Rail Engines that twist and move are going to be awesome!

whats next? Chairs or Crew?
    I was wondering if a Thruster module attached to a rotating block could cause the engines to "rotate" depending on which direction the thrust was being used. Or could be made to. Would be pretty cool

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yaaay! I like most of this, and this thrust update has been long-awaited... Not sure about the 25% thrust nerf, though :|

As I asked last update, what's next? It seems that all of the major ship mechanics-type things have been taken care of, so are we finally moving into NPC crew?
    As per the Development discussion news post we're indeed moving into the various systems we'll need for NPC crew management etc. I'm just going to say this from the onset, this is quite a process as there's A LOT of stuff that needs to go in systematically and none of it exists in the game yet, so we're completely building these systems from the ground up.

Great update but It's pretty sad that no any dev cares about updating starmade roadmap :/
    I just haven't been able, haven't been home the past few weeks but will definitely get to it after this weekend.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5

As per the Development discussion news post we're indeed moving into the various systems we'll need for NPC crew management etc. I'm just going to say this from the onset, this is quite a process as there's A LOT of stuff that needs to go in systematically and none of it exists in the game yet, so we're completely building these systems from the ground up.

I just haven't been able, haven't been home the past few weeks but will definitely get to it after this weekend.
    Thanks for clarification. :)

Reaction score
    So now that the asteroid spawning has been fixed, will a universe reset be needed to implement that? Or will it autocorrect sectors that are already generated?

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello players

Another update is ready!

Read the full news here:

http://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-19538-new-thruster-mechanics

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - the schine team
    Just got done running a test with the dampeners off. So so nice and easy to control now. The ship doesn't fight back what a difference. Nice improvement.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450506678,1450504825][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hello players

Another update is ready!

Read the full news here:

http://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-19538-new-thruster-mechanics

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - the schine team
    Before you enable block bleeding you need to fix the full logic on storage. Since I don't see it mentioned here or I missed it.
    Currently the logic doesn't indicate when full. Its probably because it meant something else in the previous version such as the number of space in inventory was full not the volume was full.

Reaction score
    Pink hull sets have been added to the game, including Crystal Armor variants, slabs and lighting options.

I love you all very much.

Reactions: kupu and Criss
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Just wondering if that would include a functionality update on the AI block? Can't wait to check out the new thrust mechanics.

Edit: You might consider an auto-dampener level slider. It's probably the only thing not adjustable in the thrust panel. I really like the new update so far.

Last edited: