StarMade v0.153 (next batch of fixes)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,

I didn't do much on Sunday and Monday, but here here is the next batch of fixes. Expect a lot more this week.

I know that a few people are frustrated by bugs, and I'm sorry about that.

The testers found a lot, but we are still short on people. Fixing bugs has very little to do with the amount of developers (fixing bugs doesn't take long as soon as I have a way to reproduce it), but more about a solid testing system, which we now have in place. The alpha stage is used to get feature complete. Please don't expect a bug free version in alpha, it would come at the cost of a lot of time, or the other alternative, which is not having a playable alpha at all.

Here is the change log:

- added better handling for client cache, so that servers can better determine if a chunk has to be re-delivered
    - fixed bug where quotes where not recognized in admin commands from console
    - fixed a lot of the jerking of AI in close distances
    - new config value has been added to further modify shield damage when in combat
    - fixed destroyed storage blocks not registering on clients

From the tracker:

Bug #359 (Resolved): Recovered Cores (Overheating) Cannot Be Hit by Cannons
    Bug #317 (Resolved): Salvage beam master and any slave causes crash

Bug #310 (Resolved): Beams very shaky and sometimes disappear when moving
    Bug #289 (Resolved): No game window opening with custom Windows theme
    Bug #279 (Resolved): Damage Pulse & Missiles Computer bug
    Bug #238 (Resolved): Black Beacons
    Bug #158 (Resolved): AI only fires AMC

More bugs will be fixed soon. Also I will work on the new crafting system to release it hopefully next week (but I can't promise of course).

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    "Bug #359 (Resolved): Recovered Cores (Overheating) Cannot Be Hit by Cannons"

As a new (trial)tester seeing my reported bugs get squashed makes me proud. Good job and keep up the hard work.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wait... The next week? Here I was, expecting another few months of silence, waiting and anticipation, and then you drop that? You, sir, truly are among the most amazing developers gaming has ever seen.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Were any of the default shield values changed in the update?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    - fixed bug where quotes where not recognized in admin commands from console
    Does this also apply to certain hull colors that are named without parenthesis?

I used admin commands to give the new grates, but between the wedges and regular I got the message for ambiguity, even when specifying wedge. I assume that's what this fix was?

Whenever I try "/give Viridis 'Hardened Hull Red' 10000" for example, I'll get an error message displaying the ids for the hull, wedge, corner, tetra, and penta for hardened red hulls, but no matter if I specify I always get that error. Compared to the hulls like Hardened Hull (Black) I have no problem with specifying through /give, but for the initial example I have to fall back on /giveid. I just need the clarification, because if it isn't I'd send in a bug report or suggestion to unify all the hull colors under a single cohesive naming convention.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yay... AI only firing AMCs and the black beacons were a pain in the arse.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

I used admin commands to give the new grates, but between the wedges and regular I got the message for ambiguity, even when specifying wedge. I assume that's what this fix was?

Whenever I try "/give Viridis 'Hardened Hull Red' 10000" for example, I'll get an error message displaying the ids for the hull, wedge, corner, tetra, and penta for hardened red hulls, but no matter if I specify I always get that error. Compared to the hulls like Hardened Hull (Black) I have no problem with specifying through /give, but for the initial example I have to fall back on /giveid. I just need the clarification, because if it isn't I'd send in a bug report or suggestion to unify all the hull colors under a single cohesive naming convention.
    No, that's a naming convention issue and that doesn't fix that... Believe me, you wouldn't want that 'fixed' anyway; you don't want to have to type out the full names of things like power generators and thrusters. He just needs to fix the conventions on some of the blocks.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

No, that's a naming convention issue and that doesn't fix that... Believe me, you wouldn't want that 'fixed' anyway; you don't want to have to type out the full names of things like power generators and thrusters just because it would only give you stuff for the exact string... :P

He just needs to fix the conventions on some of the blocks.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wait... The next week? Here I was, expecting another few months of silence, waiting and anticipation, and then you drop that? You, sir, truly are among the most amazing developers gaming has ever seen.
    Yes, but remember that that isn't a promise... Believe me, in development, a week can quickly turn into a month, or more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    No, that's a naming convention issue and that doesn't fix that... Believe me, you wouldn't want that 'fixed' anyway; you don't want to have to type out the full names of things like power generators and thrusters. He just needs to fix the conventions on some of the blocks.
    I've actually been typing the entire strings out this entire time, never bothered me. Not even when using /give for power tanks and other blocks with strings as long as a Japanese light novel titles.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thing is progressing nicely as i see it , good job.
    not enough testers ? where to apply for that?

Reaction score
    Bug #310 still exists I just tested it out with this new patch. The beam disappearing when moving bug is fixed I did notice it once but I couldn't replicate it. however shaking beam bug is still there for sure and I could easily replicate it. I hope this helps with development :).