Starmade Trigger Area

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know when you enter a trigger area, it toggles the activation block adjacent to the connected controller. Is it supposed to toggle it again when you leave the area? Because that isn't happening for me, and it's making it impossible to build what I am trying to make (hangar that opens and closes when ships pass through).

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I know when you enter a trigger area, it toggles the activation block adjacent to the connected controller. Is it supposed to toggle it again when you leave the area? Because that isn't happening for me, and it's making it impossible to build what I am trying to make (hangar that opens and closes when ships pass through).
    No it only triggers on entry.

Reaction score
    Just place a second set of triggers further out, a bit over the length of your ship, and use them to close the door and reset the circuit.

(personally, I use rail doors, and set an appropriate timer that closes the door behind me along with a protection circuit that ensures the circuit cannot be reactivated until it resets)

Reaction score
    You can also connect the activation module to a button and then connect this button to the activation module. This way it is reset at the next tick.

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Also remember that the Activation Gate exists as well. Will trigger on when an entity passes through it.

Otherwise, if they are meant to be docked, just use "Wireless Rail Activation", press C on any rail type, and V onto a button or an Activation Module, and it wireless-ly links that rail to the logic button/activator.
    When an entity's rail Docker passes over the linked rail, it turns on then off. If an entity remains on it, then a button will toggle on/off, but an Activator remains on for as long as there is a docker linked to the specific rail block.

The inverse (C on button, V on rail) will cause an entity to undock when triggered. Not used so much now since we have the Shootout rails and pick up rails