StarMade shader crash issue

Reaction score
    Everytime the game loads to 100% it will crash and display an error saying...

RuntimeException org.schema.schine.graphicsengine.shader.ShaderException:
    data//shader/cube/quads13/shadowcube.vsh

ERROR: 0:1: " : version '130' is not supported

I use a Macbook Pro 2012 15' with an Intel Iris Pro graphics card.
    I know that Apple is supposed to release an update for the drivers, so I updated my OS to the latest version, but that didn't fix the problem.

Strange thing is, the game worked fine before I updated StarMade to the latest version, I assume that's why the game isn't working anymore for me.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Besides reverting to an older version of StarMade?

EDIT: Perhaps I need to revert my Intel drivers to an older version??

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The '130' is GLSL v1.30, which I don't think is available on OS X 10.7+.
    It supports either legacy OpenGL 2.1/GLSL 1.20 OR supports OpenGL 3.2+/GLSL 1.50+.
    So I would guess that StarMade has decided you do have support for OpenGL 3.0/GLSL 1.30 when maybe it should have picked v2.1/1.20.

At any rate, I don't have a Mac, but if there is a way to force the OpenGL version to 2.1 it should work.
    On Linux I've done this before by setting some environment variables to override the GL and GLSL version to 2.1 and 120. Perhaps this or something similar will work on OS X.

Reaction score
    Could you refer me to some source that may be able to help me with that?

Reaction score
    I'm having this same problem since updating to 199.646. Also on a mac . The main menu works but there is a long delay after selecting something and game will no longer join the universe and gives the above crash message.

My system is a Macbook pro retna 15 inch 2013 OS 10.9.5 with a GeForce GT650M with energy saver turned off.

I played everything fine until the update. If I downgrade back to the older version it works. For some reason the game started with the new launcher doesn't see my world from the game started with the old launcher. . . but thats a separate baffling issue. For now I am downgrading back to .535a

Last edited: