StarMade Review at Beta Game Review

Reaction score
    Fellow pilots,

I've recently posted a review of StarMade to my new game review blog at http://betagamereview.com/starmade/

What this is designed to be is not so much criticism and harsh disection like full-release game reviews, but a way to get further word out about the game and provide some feedback to the dev. I'm hoping it will be a place to learn about upcoming games, what works, what doesn't, and get a wider platform of feedback to the developers. I'd appreciate anyone being able to take a look at it and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    Da hell?

I understand that the game is in alpha but your job is to review the game, not just spit taglines at people to make them interested. Give examples of things in the game and then explain how it works or how it doesn\'t work.

For instance- Starmade\'s Expansive building features make this game well worth checking out! You can place Both ramps and corner blocks on your ship to give the game something many recent creative tools seem to lack, ramps!

Just remember that Starmade is currently in Alpha so take everything in this review at face value, Certain things may change for the better long before the games eventual release but as of now it\'s an effective and fun creativity tool that\'s well worth checking out!

Reaction score
    Thanks for the feedback, Giegue. Were there specific tag lines in the review that you are referring to? There is plenty of criticism in the review itself, however the intent was not to bash the game for lacking certain things as one would in a full-release review. Do you feel that there is not enough criticism? What parts of the review worked for you and what parts don\'t?

Since this is the first post, I\'m absolutely looking for good quality feedback, so this really is appreciated.

Reaction score
    Just taglines are only really used to give anybody who has played those games an idea of how the game works in that way.

The way you\'re using them is fine but instead of saying \"It\'s part Minecraft!\" You could say \"Like Minecraft, you can build anything you want with few restrictions!\"

Citicism is not the same as bashing, it\'s meant to give a developer an idea on how to improve and a customer an idea of what they might not like about the game before they buy, so criticism will be very useful in this review!

You do a great example of this in the graphics section so try using that in the rest of your review to, suggest what\'s wrong and how to improve!

If there\'s one thing i want to see is more examples of the game in your descriptions! The people reading your review may have no idea what it\'s about so dropping explanations of how some things work will be very useful!

For instance, in the gameplay section you go over ship creation, why not give a few lines of explanation of how to make a ship?

Reaction score
    This is excellent feedback, Geigue. I agree with your points. I had a bit about how to create a ship in the rough draft, but it seemed to be too wordy. Sounds like it was just being overly-concerned on my part. I\'ll update the post with some of these suggestions over the next couple of days.

Anyone else agree? Disagree? Have other feedback that wasn\'t mentioned here?

Thanks everyone!